How do I restore my contacts on my new device?
Jim_D1

I am trying to 'restore' my contacts to a new device., The new device is a very basic phone: LG Revere 2. The online instructions warn you to back up your contacts from the old phone before acrivating the new phone. The actual instructions say to do the following before activating the new phone. So the instructions have you back up the old phone, then 'restore' the contacts to the new phone (seemingly before activating the new phone). When I try this, the phone indicates the contacts have never been backed up and I get an error code 216.

I am not sure whether I need to activate the new phone first, THEN try to restore the contacts.

Worst case senario if I get this wrong is the new phone does a back up and restores nothing over my existing contacts, hence loosing all my contacts. I do not want to get this wrong.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: OI have been trying to connect to the on-line chat, but no one seems to be there. It is 8:30 am, too early???
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't restore your contacts on the new phone until it's activated; the phone needs Verizon service in order to do the restore.  Back up your old phone, activate the new phone, then restore your contacts on the new phone.

How to Use Guide: Backup Assistant/ Backup Assistant Plus Contacts | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: OI have been trying to connect to the on-line chat, but no one seems to be there. It is 8:30 am, too early???
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't restore your contacts on the new phone until it's activated; the phone needs Verizon service in order to do the restore.  Back up your old phone, activate the new phone, then restore your contacts on the new phone.

How to Use Guide: Backup Assistant/ Backup Assistant Plus Contacts | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes