How do I stop LG Cosmos 3 from automatically deleting sent text messages?
weristich

Presumably to save space, my LG Cosmos 3 phone automatically deletes sent text messages after some time. However, I have the option Auto Save Sent selected.

My received messages are never deleted without me physically hitting the delete button. Sometimes, I wish to keep certain messages I sent.

Is there an additional setting I have to change?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I stop LG Cosmos 3 from automatically deleting sent text messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

weristich,

Thank you for checking that setting for us. One way to make sure to save any text messages that you are looking to keep is to lock those messages. That way they will not auto delete once you start running out of memory. Please keep us posted if you have any further questions or concerns.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

weristich, I want to make sure you can keep the messages you want safe. Since you have already enabled Auto Save Sent, please check the following settings: Messaging>Settings>Auto Erase Inbox. If this option is set to On, it will automatically delete messages when you exceed the storage limit. Try setting it off and testing.

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
weristich

Hi,

Auto Erase was set to "Off". Do I need to "lock" the messages to keep them

save? On my old LG phone, I could just leave the messages for however long

I wanted until I erased them. Thanks.

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 9:54 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

weristich,

Thank you for checking that setting for us. One way to make sure to save any text messages that you are looking to keep is to lock those messages. That way they will not auto delete once you start running out of memory. Please keep us posted if you have any further questions or concerns.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes