How do I stop the Backup Assistant on the LG Cosmos 3 Phone? None of the posted 'directions' are accurate or applicable.
Dustdevil

I have searched the phone, searched the internet, searched Verizon's FAQ's, and no one can accurately explain how to delete, stop, or otherwise render disabled, the Backup Assistant function for contacts on my LG Cosmos 3 phone.  I probably wouldn't care if it ran (4-times a day!), but it crashes and hangs every day, every time, saying 'it has failed to connect'. It is a total JUNK application, it apparently DOES send data up to the cloud (as I can log in and see my contact book online), but it does NOT function properly. I just want it stopped, disabled or removed. Every single 'walk-thru' that a customer service tech gives on this junky app is incorrect for this specific phone. Even the menu-steps for the walk-thru are incorrect. (such as APPS>SETTINGS....there is no tree structure sending you to this imaginary place). There are 'OPTIONS' for the app, but the only choice you get is TELL A FRIEND, REORDER, ADD TO FOLDER, SORT BY, PROPERTIES and HELP (none of which give you the option to choose what is backed up, etc.).

I'm tired of unlocking my phone and finding a crashed Backup Assistant screen telling me how it couldn't back-up online.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I stop the Backup Assistant on the LG Cosmos 3 Phone? None of the posted 'directions' are accurate or applicable.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dustdevil, I too would be equally as frustrated with this ordeal. To confirm, have we tried resetting Backup Assistant using these steps:

If you can open the Backup Assistant application>Select Options>About> Type *73738#

This will cause the application to reset, and will stop the sync process completely.

Let us know if these steps helped out.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I stop the Backup Assistant on the LG Cosmos 3 Phone? None of the posted 'directions' are accurate or applicable.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dustdevil, I too would be equally as frustrated with this ordeal. To confirm, have we tried resetting Backup Assistant using these steps:

If you can open the Backup Assistant application>Select Options>About> Type *73738#

This will cause the application to reset, and will stop the sync process completely.

Let us know if these steps helped out.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes