How do I transfer contacts from a Motorola 755?
jimskime

I have an old Moto 755 and I want to transfer contacts to a Kyocera Dura XV+.

Verizon doesn't have a utility. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I transfer contacts from a Motorola 755?
Snn5
Legend

Export Contacts as a Comma Separated Values (*.csv)/vCard File Gmail | Verizon Wireless

Then either transfer that file to a PC to email or email that file from the phone if possible to your Gmail then import that file to your Gmail contacts, then sync the Kyocera.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Export Contacts as a Comma Separated Values (*.csv)/vCard File Gmail | Verizon Wireless

Then either transfer that file to a PC to email or email that file from the phone if possible to your Gmail then import that file to your Gmail contacts, then sync the Kyocera.

0 Likes
jimskime

The contacts are in the phone only, how does this get those names and numbers from the old phone?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

By following the procedure above on the old phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should have Backup Assistant for the Motorola W755 basic phone. Use that to get the contacts into your MyVerizon account online.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If the contacts are on the old phone, then to get them off that phone or at least copy them from that old phone, the first procedure I explained is the best, provided you don't have or cannot use Verizon's Backup Assistant which may or may not be on that phone.  However, Verizon BUA won't be much use if that phone is deactivated.  It is possible that you might plug that phone into a PC and perhaps be able to use BUA or if you made an exported file, such as I talked about above, you might be able to use the PC to see that file in your My Computer or File Explorer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You might also view this tutorial.

Verizon Backup

0 Likes