How do I transfer files to and from my computer?
joeyds

I'd like to transfer pictures and music to my phone, but when I attach my phone to my computer with the USB port, nothing happens. I do not see any new drives showing on my computer and no options on to do anything on my phone. What am I missing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transferring files to and from computer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

joeyds, pictures are so valuable! When connecting a wireless phone to a computer, you will recieve a pop message which will confirm if your computer needs additional drivers or software to complete this task. I apologize that we don't support this functionality on your computer. However, we do provide the option of forwarding your pictures our messaging and picture portal online. Here's more details: http://vz.to/JnIOQC

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone do you have?  Some basic phones do not allow data transfer via USB cable and other options (such as via Bluetooth or bitpim software) are required to transfer photos/music.  Other phones require that an SD card be inserted in the phone for data transfer via USB to work.

0 Likes
Gizmo501
Enthusiast - Level 3

if for some reason you can not get the phone to connect. here is a great work around if you have texting. you can text the pictures to an e-mail address to get them onto your computer. just type your e-mail address into your to line and it will instantly send your pictures to an e-mail address (make sure you put the pictures in the text message. you can also send e-mails to phone's as text message. Just substitute a 10-digit cell number for ‘number’ for each carrier below:

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

joeyds, pictures are so valuable! When connecting a wireless phone to a computer, you will recieve a pop message which will confirm if your computer needs additional drivers or software to complete this task. I apologize that we don't support this functionality on your computer. However, we do provide the option of forwarding your pictures our messaging and picture portal online. Here's more details: http://vz.to/JnIOQC

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes