How do I turn on Caller ID?
NotYetSoldOnVerizon

How do I turn on Caller ID? On incoming calls from people in my directory, only their phone numbers appear on my screen.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I turn on Caller ID?
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Re: How do I turn on Caller ID? On incoming calls from people in my directory, only their phone numbers appear on my screen.
Snn5
Legend

What phone model and has it ever worked for you?  I know that smartphones will display the number and the name, if that caller is in the contacts book on the phone.  I remember a few of my basic phones would only show me the number no matter the contact.

0 Likes
NotYetSoldOnVerizon

From the looks of website pictures, I have a Samsung Gusto 2. This was a recent purchase and the Caller ID function has never worked. Furthermore, I can't find any mention of this feature in the owner's manual that came with the phone which I'm afraid may mean that it simply isn't available. This strikes me as odd since the the technology involved is not all that complex. It would be like buying a new car that didn't have windshield wipers.

I may end up just writing down the names and numbers I need most and taping them to the back of my phone, a solution that would be cheesy at best but one that would make for an interesting conversation piece. When someone commented on the cheatsheet on my phone, I could do an anti-Samsung commercial (assuming it's them and not Verizon) for them.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Chris J. Strolin

P.S. I had tried to reply to you directly via email but my message came back to me as undeliverable at the address you provided.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you have the right settings to get the caller ID, NotYetSold! We are here to offer you the best experience! When checking your contacts are they saved as 7 digits, 10-digits or 11 digits with a 1 in front?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
NotYetSoldOnVerizon

Yep, that did it. I added the area codes and now the Caller ID works fine. Thanks much.

CJS

0 Likes