How do I uninstall VZW Software Uprgrade Assistant from my Vista PC?
gagli011

I plugged my Pantech Jest 2 into my PC and allowed VZW Software Upgrade Assistant to be installed in order to see if there were any upgrades to my phone.

VZW Software Upgrade Assistant now launches each time I start my computer.  It does not appear in the list of programs available for uninstall, and I do not see any relevant files on my hard drive related to this software.  I did not intend for this to be permanently on my PC.  What must I do to uninstall this program?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I uninstall VZW Software Uprgrade Assistant from my Vista PC?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gagli011,

Oh no, sorry that you are still having a hard time uninstalling this software! Let's get to the bottom of this! Try these steps:http://vz.to/1hsQG3P

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gagli011 lets solve this mystery and find the best option to remove the program. Fill us in, what operating system do you have on your PC? Is the Upgrade Assistant fully launching or is it a pop-up box related to the program?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
gagli011

I am using the Windows Vista operating system (32-bit). The VZW Software Upgrade Assistant appears as an icon on the taskbar in the lower right side of the screen. I am able to close the program by right-clicking it, but I would like to remove it from my computer completely.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello gagli011, help is here front and center! From the Windows desktop navigate to Start, Programs (All programs), select VZW Software upgrade assistant, click uninstall, and then click Ok.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gagli011

When I follow these steps, there is no VZW Software Upgrade Assistant under "all programs", and therefore no option to uninstall it using this method. How else may I remove this program?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gagli011,

Oh no, sorry that you are still having a hard time uninstalling this software! Let's get to the bottom of this! Try these steps:http://vz.to/1hsQG3P

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes
dreamwriter90

I'm having the exact same problem. The program simply "does not exist" and therefore cannot be uninstalled. But the task is ALWAYS running in task manager, opens every single time I start my computer, and slows down my computer quite badly now that it's been a long time.

Verizon Customer Service lady, the link you told OP to follow says the exact same thing: go to "all programs" and uninstall. IT ISN'T THERE!!!!! You cannot click "uninstall" when it isn't there! They told you that in the original post.

I have Windows 7 64-bit. I only ever plugged my phone into my computer once, and it has got to be one of the worst mistakes I've made with my poor laptop.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

What about a system restore to an earlier date?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help you get your computer back up to speed, dreamwriter90. When you see the icon in the system tray, right click and select properties. This should allow you to see where the Software Uprgrade Assistant file is located on your computer to help you determine where to navigate in the PC to delete the program file.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes