Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do you search or shop apps for samsung brightside?
ijc

I purchased the samsung brightside so that i can track my son's location. I can't get the family base/family locator app or any app to download. I spent over 3 hours with verizon yesterday and they were no help. I go to media center, then apps, but if I try to type in an app to search for, it won't let me and if I shop apps, it times out and says not available now or contact customer service.  Is this a problem with the phone and I need to exchange it for a new one or is it a problem with verizon's software for the phone. We tried *228 to reboot but that did not work. We made sure that all blocks were off the phone.  According to verizon everything was set up correctly.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do you search or shop apps for samsung brightside?
jroeder

Since that phone is a basic phone, you can' download apps like you would a smartphone. The Family Locator app is a VzW app and so therefore you have to add it via My Verizon. Here's the steps to get you started. Hope this helps Smiley Happy

1. Verify you have a Family Locator capable device. (The Brightside is capable)
  2. Add Family Locator to your account through My Verizon.
  3. Sign in to Family Locator website on your PC.

Once you do that there are seperate steps to use it.

Sign into Family Locator from your device:

1. Navigate to the Family Locator Mobile Website http://fl.vzw.com that can be accessed for free by selecting “Mobile Web” > “My Verizon” > “My Services” > “Family Locator”.
  2. Enter your 10-digit wireless number of the Locator device.
  3. Enter your password.
  4. Select the “Sign In” button and then press “OK”.

You can also access Family Locator from the web:

1.    Navigate to the Family Locator website in your web browser.

2.    Click “Sign In”.

3.    Enter your 10-digit wireless number, of the Locator device, and password to log in.

0 Likes