How o you turn off backup assistant on an LG phone?
Ajax2250

Despite the schedule I set up the backup assistant will start backing up my contacts. This really eats up the life of the battery. Any way to turn this assistant off?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How o you turn off backup assistant on an LG phone?
Snn5
Legend

You can disable Cloud/Sync in the app manager.  Sign out and remove any Verizon account in the Settings menu under Accounts as well.  Use Gmail to backup your contacts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to keep you charged up! What is the make and model of your device? Are you using backup assistant or the Verizon Cloud?
NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ajax2250

Thank you. I'm using a LG Cosmo 3, not a smart phone and not using the cloud.

- Mel

"Poetry is language at its most distilled and most powerful."

— Rita Dove

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help you get this sorted out, Ajax. Do you want the backup assistance turned off completely?
NicholeK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ajax2250 that information is much appreciated. Here is a link that will give you the steps you will need: http://vz.to/20k50Od
RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Ajax2250

Yes I do! Despite the schedule I set, it will attempt a backup on Its own and if I don't catch it

it will eat up battery life. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

- Mel

— Rita Dove

0 Likes
Ajax2250

Thanks for the help, however I have tried that route and a delete option is not included for Backup

Assistant. The option is there for other apps in Media Center such as City ID, Uno Tetris VCast, but

not for Bing or Backup Assistant.

— Rita Dove

0 Likes