How to change time zone on Samsung U370 for battery life?
ClassicASV

I'm in a different time zone for the summer and ever since I arrived, the battery life has been significantly worse.  The phone has been slower, too.  The only major change was location and I've noticed that the phone timestamps text messages as 'received' in my old time while telling me it was stored at the new one.

The phone displays the current time in my area, but I haven't found a way to change the default time.

The questions are as follows: can anyone confirm that a time zone change would noticeably reduce battery life, and how can I change the time zone on the Samsung Reality (SCH-U370)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to change time zone on Samsung U370 for battery life?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ClassicASV, 

I want to make sure you are getting the most out of your phone no matter where you are!  The default time for the phone is always the network time of where you are located.  Anything sent to and from the phone passes though the switching center in your home area so time stamps may display based on that area.  The change in time zones should not affect battery life but there are many factors that can.  Where are you located?  Is your signal remaining consistent throughout the area?  Has your usage increased since arriving?  I am eager to read your reply so we can continue to troubleshoot your device!

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Re: How to change time zone on Samsung U370 for battery life?
ClassicASV

I am talking on the phone more, but I've noticed that regular usage seems to tax the battery more than it did before.  I moved from the east coast to the west coast for the summer.  The signal is generally not a problem.  I spend a reasonable amount of time in a basement with no reception, but when I go there, I usually put the phone on airplane mode.

0 Likes