How to switch from smart phone to basic phone with same number
hank1061

I upgraded to a smart phone and need to use my old basic flip phone once a week which is no longer listed on myaccount .  I was told by rep I could do this online. How is this done?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to switch from smart phone to basic phone with same number
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Log on to your account, and on your overview page go to your device, Manage Device, and then Switch my number to another device.

If you are moving to a basic phone, you can also remove the SIM card from your current device, then turn it off.  Turn on the basic phone, and dial *228 and follow the prompts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Log on to your account, and on your overview page go to your device, Manage Device, and then Switch my number to another device.

If you are moving to a basic phone, you can also remove the SIM card from your current device, then turn it off.  Turn on the basic phone, and dial *228 and follow the prompts.

0 Likes
hank1061

Thank you for that information. I do have one other question? My basic flip phone still has the sim card in it. Can I just turn off the new phone or must I take out the card before following the prompts to activate the old phone?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What basic phone do you have that you are trying to activate? Most "basic" phones that I know of on Verizon don't use a SIM card.

You CAN just turn off the newer phone; removing the SIM would just ensure that there is no longer a network connection via that SIM (containing the phone number and your account info).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the basic phone was a global capable device it might have a SIM card. If it does, then that SIM card was for overseas use only.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes