How to turn off female voice "ringback" message??
mlm66

I recently made a few changes to our plans (added more texts to my phone, changed a data plan, etc.).  All of a sudden we have lost our custom ringback tones but most annoying is a female voice that says "Please enjoy this Verizon music while your party is reached", and then it plays some classical music piece.

Is there a way to remove the voice message and just go straight to the music?!? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to turn off female voice "ringback" message??
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Log in to your account, go to Media, Manage Ringback tones, and reset it to the one you want, not the "default' (classical).  I'm not sure why the changes you made would have reset that, but it seems it did.  If this doesn't work, then a call to customer service (800-922-0204) should clear things up.

0 Likes
mlm66

Thank you SuzyQ....I did get it taken care of with my phone but now can't seem to fix it on my husband's phone.  When I am in the Media area, I choose his phone over to the right, but as soon as I go to "Manage Ringback Tones" it defaults back to my phone.  Does he have to sign in as an account manager in order to do this??.....I did have him set up for that once but he so rarely uses it that I have no idea what his sign-in or password info is! (I suppose I could just remove him and start over?).

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Each number has it's own log in to manage ringtones, ringbacks, and Backup assistant. And if you are logged in with your number, you can't manage his ringbacks by choosing his phone from the drop down or other lists. He needs to register and sign in with his own number.  If you have done that and forgotten the password, you can use the retrieve or reset password option.

Just make sure you are entirely logged out, then enter HIS number and hit register - once you are logged in with his number, you can manage the ringbacks for his phone.

0 Likes