I already hate texting on my Cadence LTE
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

All my text messages end up in one lumped pile, with no evident way to sort them into inbox, sent, drafts, etc. Please tell me that I'm wrong

The delay before i can type my next text character, if its on the same key as the last one I typed, is waaaaay too long and there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust it. Please tell me I'm wrong.

I have 8 days to decide if i want to keep this or go back to my Gusto.  I also hate the larger size of the Cadence, which makes on handed texting harder and really serves no useful purpose (for me)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I already hate texting on my Cadence LTE
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

I finally got it taken care of by going to Best Buy. The young lady there transferred my contacts to the 2nd Gusto using Bluetooth in a few minutes, something Verizon couldnt do in over a month of repeated calling and countless hours on the phone to numerous technicians.

When they reactivated the Gusto they had to delete evereything, so I lost my old username here and I even got a notice from Facebook that my phone number was no longer valid.

Suffice to say, the service I received on a problem that should have taken 5 minutes to fix was appallingly, inexcusably poor.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

The Gusto is 3G only device are you sure they'll even let you re-activate it? Even if you can you only have a little over a year before it becomes permantley useless

0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

I made them swear IU could switch back if I wanted to, and I made them note it in my account, and I called back 2 weeks later to verify that it was noted in my account that I could switch back.

I never would have switched except that there is no way to back up contacts from one Gusto to another anymore. Regardless of being 4G, the Cadence is an inferior phone in all other respects, and it feels like a chunk of rock in my pocket. In addition to their horrendous customer service, its time to reconsider whether to stick with Verizon or not

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bewilder, we want you enjoying your new phone. The good news is, that the Cadence does have different messaging folders. To manage these folders, simply follow the steps in pages 36 and 37 of the user guide at http://spr.ly/6581Dhqx7.

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

As it says in my subject title, I have the Cadence LTE not the Dura.  There are no such options on the text menu in my phone.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

bewilder wrote:

I made them swear IU could switch back if I wanted to, and I made them note it in my account, and I called back 2 weeks later to verify that it was noted in my account that I could switch back.

I never would have switched except that there is no way to back up contacts from one Gusto to another anymore. Regardless of being 4G, the Cadence is an inferior phone in all other respects, and it feels like a chunk of rock in my pocket. In addition to their horrendous customer service, its time to reconsider whether to stick with Verizon or not

doesn't matter what anyone swore. Also the Cadence is the cheapest LTE phone you could have gotten so I wouldn't expect great results.

0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

The Cadence is also the smallest. I should be able to switch back to the Gusto at the end of my billing cycle. if they don't let me, I will find a new carrier. Which it looks like I should be doing anyway.

I paid $12 each for my Gustos at Walmart, significantly less than my Cadence

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

you probably got that on a 2 year contract also. Not many carriers have basic phones or basic phone plans. As I said after Dec 31 2019 the Gusto becomes a brick when Verizon shuts down CDMA

0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

No contract, its a prepaid. And I just activated the Gusto a couple months ago so they are definitely still activating them.  What happens 14 months from now is the furthest thing from my mind.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think prepaid phones with CDMA might be allowed to be activated on prepaid accounts for now even though postpaid accounts can't activate those devices anymore.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes