I am eligible for an upgrade on my basic phone that I own. Since there are only a small amount of basic phones, is it possible to own a smart phone but without a data plan?
flores_kristen

There are only two basic phone with full keyboard that is available online, but was hoping that it would be possible for me to own a smart phone without needing a data plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am eligible for an upgrade on my basic phone that I own. Since there are only a small amount of basic phones, is it possible to own a smart phone but without a data plan?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can own and use a smartphone on wifi only, without a data plan, but you will not have the capability to use it as a phone on Verizon's network. To activate a smartphone  and have calling (phone) capability, yes, you do need to have a data plan for the smartphone line.  You CAN have a minimal data plan, and use it on wifi primarily - but yoju DO need a data plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am eligible for an upgrade on my basic phone that I own. Since there are only a small amount of basic phones, is it possible to own a smart phone but without a data plan?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can own and use a smartphone on wifi only, without a data plan, but you will not have the capability to use it as a phone on Verizon's network. To activate a smartphone  and have calling (phone) capability, yes, you do need to have a data plan for the smartphone line.  You CAN have a minimal data plan, and use it on wifi primarily - but yoju DO need a data plan.

0 Likes