cowboyfan4life

Does anyone know what is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I am trying to change my prepaid device,customer service is down
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cowboyfan4life,

We want to make sure that you are able to get the services up and running. Have you tried to activate/program the device by dialing *228? If that does not work, please try to dial *22890 from the device. Or you can always reach out to our Prepaid team at 888-294-6804.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
davebeckmann
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you haven't already, try it again. I went through all kinds of nonsense for the last 2 days. Tried to upgrade with a postpaid plan and nicer phone, and then got changed back to a different prepaid plan and a phone like my original. The people at the store tried everything they could think of. The bottom line is that Verizon was trying to update the system to make activation easier and the whole thing shut down. Nobody seemed to have any idea exactly what was going on, how long it was going to last, or what to do about it. I tried my phone again this morning and it finally worked. Bad customer service from the executive level at Verizon

lpabf
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, you can't get anyone on the phone. It is a cycle of menus, none of which lead to a live voice, stop giving bad information. And how about just being honest about when everything is going to be back up? And oh by the way, how about prorating my account for all the down days that I haven't been able to use it because my phone is broke and I can't activate a new one?

0 Likes
lpabf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck with that. They tried to do a system update on Sat and failed, MISERABLY! I have been trying since Sunday morning to activate a new device and have gotten NOWHERE! Was chatting on Facebook with someone at Verizon who said they could help, they didn't bother to read my message where I stated I was asking about prepaid lines. Said they could help, I sent them all my information, just to have them come back and say, "Oh, we can't help you. We only do postpaid, not prepaid." Oh duh, thanks for reading my message.

If you call that number, the only thing you will get is a bunch of menus that will run you in circles. You will not talk to anyone, you'll get frustrated and hang up like I've been doing for the last 4 days.

0 Likes
davebeckmann
Enthusiast - Level 2

You won't be any less frustrated if you do get through. I did in the early morning hours yesterday. I think the guy who answered is supposed to be bilingual. He just isn't so good with the English part of that. I've lived in So. Ca. for a long time and I could barely understand him. It doesn't matter though. He told me to wait 4 hours. That must have been when his shift ended and he wouldn't have been there if I called back. Or, you could go down to a Verizon store if you have 2 or 3 hours you can spare. I don't know if they have any answers today, but they didn't yesterday. They tried everything they could think of but the final answer was an apology and "Just keep trying". I guess I got lucky to finally get activated. After that experience, I'm glad I bought a cheap phone and didn't sign any 2 year contracts.

0 Likes