I can't find service anywhere. I tried the *228 thing and it did not work. Help!
maryloujanebettylou

For some reason my phone won't find service in places it usually does.  Is it the phone or just the verizon tower around me?  It would be great to know if there is fix, especially since this is my only phone and I can't call customer support.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can't find service anywhere.  I tried the *228 thing and it did not work.  Help!
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

If you have a friend near you using Verizon check with them to see if they have a normal signal, if they do try this.  Power down your phone and than remove battery for about 3 minutes. Then reinstall battery and be in a known strong signal area before turning on phone, this will reset your phone and seek out a working signal, at that point you can dial *228 for a PRL update.  Happy New Year

0 Likes
Re: I can't find service anywhere. I tried the *228 thing and it did not work. Help!
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

If the phone is simply saying no service everywhere, it my be better to do the *228 and select option 1 as opposed to option 2.  Option 1 is to program or activate your device.

0 Likes