I can't put music on my Razr v9m?
mitch1204

I bought a refurbished Verizon Razr II v9m and I don't know how to upload my mp3 from my desktop to it. The phone itself works fine. From a little searching I think I need a certain driver but I can't find one for this old phone. I went into MyVerizon on my desktop and downloaded some ringtones but I see no option for even buying music. I click on the music link and it takes me to ringtones. But I should be able to transfer my own mp3 files. I've tried 3 different Motorola drivers I found on their site and a few other sites but none recognize my phone. Also from my phone if I press OK on V Cast Music or My Music or Sync Music it doesn't do anything. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can't put music on my Razr v9m?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mitch1204.

Let's make sure you are able to enjoy your music. For steps to sync music, you can click here: http://vz.to/1lwDbzq

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mitch1204

Thanks for replying Andrea. I followed the link and instructions.

1. My desktop doesn't recognize the device. It shows something is hooked up but it doesn't know what it is. I figured it needs a certain driver I don't have.

2. I press "Sync Music" on the phone and nothing happens. It just stays on "Sync Music" like the center button is dead there.

3. I also attempted Verizon Cloud but the v9m is not on the phone list.

0 Likes
mitch1204

What about Phone Tools 5.0? It's compatible with the Razr2 v9m and my desktop.

I asked the guy that sells the disc and he told me this....

Verizon has restricted their customer from download stuff on their own and even the software will not work on the multimedia.

Another option I found is I can buy a mini SD card and load my mp3's on that from my desk top then insert that into the phone. Does that sound like that would work?

I hate to spend money on stuff that won't help.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mitch1204,

We want you to be able to enjoy your music on the go! The best way to load your personal music onto your device is with putting the music on the Micro SD card and placing the card into the device. This will allow you to manage all your music from your computer easily.

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
mitch1204

I went ahead and bought a micro SD card and adapter and synced my music to it. It still doesn't work. I stick the card back in my desktop and it works fine so I know I synced it correctly. I don't know what else to try. Either I was sold a bad phone on ebay or Verizon is blocking the accessories on this old phone. Anytime I go on the Verizon app site via the phone I keep getting a "Unable to retrieve catalog, can't connect right now" Code 3332".

I guess it's my fault for assuming a 2007 model would still be useful today.

The whole reason I switched to Verizon was so I could use this phone but after hours of searching I have not found any help. One way or another I will find a flip phone with a mp3 player that works. I don't want a smart phone because I don't use all the features. I have a Proclaim sitting in my drawer. You can't stick a smart phone in your pocket without pushing buttons or cracking the screen.

Is there any modern flip models with a music player I can sync that you can recommend?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to keep you rocking on your device, mitch1204! I would suggest backing up your files on the card and formatting it in the phone through Menu>Settings and Tools>Storage. Once formatted put the card back in your computer and you should have a My Music folder. make sure you are transferring non DRM mp3's into this folder directly without using an additional subfolder.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
mitch1204

Thanks for the reply but it's a no go. My phone shows no way to format the card. I scroll through and I have a Settings and Tools folder. In there I have My Account, Tools, Bluetooth Menu, Sounds Settings, Display Settings, Phone Settings, Call Settings, Memory and Phone Info.

Under Tools I have Voice Commands, Calculator, Calendar, Alarm Clock, World Clock and Notepad.

Under Memory where I think it should be. These are my folders and subfolders...

1. Save Options (gives you a choice where to store)

a)Pictures

phone memory

card memory

b)Videos

phone memory

card memory

c)Sounds

phone memory

card memory

2. Phone Memory

a) Phone Memory Usage

b-e) same as #3

3. Card Memory

a)Card Memory Usage

b)My Pictures

c)My Videos

d)My Music

[blank]

e)My Sounds

Now I stick the mini SD card in my desk top and look at the files I have...

E:

motorola

music

WMPinfo

Under the motorola folder I have a bunch of blank folders but I do have a....

browser

usr

audio

game

java

picture

ringtone

screensaver

skin

wallpaper

I manually moved my music in the audio file and that didn't help either

I have no idea how these files got there. I guess my desktop (Win7) downloaded a driver but it has to be the incorrect driver. Because I found this phone uses PhoneTools 4.0.0  software that is only compatible with Windows XP and older which I don't have anymore.

The newer PhoneTools 5.0 driver is not compatible with this phone but is with Windows 7. Verizon has not offered me one that will work.

Searching the internet there are numerous people with this problem. I think the phone is out of date. Also my phone has on the front of the flip finger screen controls which was unique for this 2007 style phone. It has one button for the camera, one for the music player and one for video. None of these buttons work leads me to believe I got sold a bad phone.

My music I gathered from various places like CDs, Amazon, and a lottery store where you buy music with points you save. I'm pretty sure the first two are DRM but not the third one. When I bought music online I made sure it was mp3. Can you even buy music that isn't protected? I think everyone does it. You buy it and can only use it on their devices including Verizon.

On my desktop I use WMP and an Amazon Player along with Dell Stage. I also have Roxio.

If I can't figure this out by next week I will take the $80 loss and go buy a new phone. I see Verizon has a Samsung Convoy 3. I think that has everything I want and I won't have such a hard time with putting music on it.

Sorry for the story book, just trying to put what I know out there. Again thanks for your help.

0 Likes
mitch1204

Another thing when I try to go to Get it Now and click on stuff like Music and Tones it does nothing. It won't even open to an empty folder. Even V Cast Music. That should open my browser. I can click on Tools on the Go and in it says Get New App. I click on it and get a Try again later, code 3332.

Is there a way to update the software on this phone by texting a code to Verizon?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mitch1204,

That's a great question! If there are not recent software updates for the device, we may have to wait for one to be released by the manufacturer. As for the error code 3332, do you have a data block/restrictions on your line? This may be causing this error to appear.

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes