Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
I can't reactivate my phone online... it prompts me for a ssn when I'm not an american citizen.
lornem16

just got a basic phone over a year ago, had it activated by a best buy employee... now, trying to activate it online, I get the old plan info and everything is exactly how it was, but I can't put forth a payment to renew my plan because (for credit reasons) I am asked for a social security number... I'm canadian.... I'm doubtful that my social insurance number would qualify... Is there any way I can get around this??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: I can't reactivate my phone online... it prompts me for a ssn when I'm not an american citizen.
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Do you have another phone you could use to contact Prepaid Customer Service?  This is a customer-to-customer forum and while Verizon reps do sometimes respond to posts, a response isn't guaranteed and even when they do respond, it could be days after a post is left.

Customer Service - Prepaid
Dial *611 from your cell phone
(888) 294-6804

877-777-5759 Prepaid Activations Dept
24 hours a day, 7 days a week

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I can't reactivate my phone online... it prompts me for a ssn when I'm not an american citizen.
lornem16

I should also mention that this is for a prepaid phone.

0 Likes
lornem16

from what I am reading, I shouldn't be required to provide one since it's prepaid,,,

0 Likes
lornem16

nobody? nothing? can I assume that the best buy employee just entered in a bunch of 1s for my ssn when they set it up in store?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Do you have another phone you could use to contact Prepaid Customer Service?  This is a customer-to-customer forum and while Verizon reps do sometimes respond to posts, a response isn't guaranteed and even when they do respond, it could be days after a post is left.

Customer Service - Prepaid
Dial *611 from your cell phone
(888) 294-6804

877-777-5759 Prepaid Activations Dept
24 hours a day, 7 days a week

0 Likes