I can't set up my auto-pay directly to my bank account.
Kathy142
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a prepaid phone which has the option of setting up auto-pay.  However, when I tried to set up auto-pay (on the phone and online), it only gives me the option of using a credit card -when what I want is to hook it up to my checking account.  I tried contacting customer service, but all they had to say was that I "should be able to," at which point they ended the chat session.  So I decided to ask here instead.

Labels (1)
Re: I can't set up my auto-pay directly to my bank account.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know why that option would not be available... but I do have a workaround.  Do you have a debit card for your bank account?  Enter it as if it was a credit card number; the transaction comes directly out of your bank account so the net result is the same.

0 Likes
Kathy142
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would, but my bank requires that I have one electronic debit transaction from my account each month to keep my interest rate.

0 Likes
Kathy142
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I might have figured out why.  Apparently I am an account member and not an account owner/manger.  Why was I not made the account manger when I bought the phone/plan?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you set it up from the bank account end?  Use the bill pay and send it from the bank account to Verizon, rather than initiating it from Verizon's end?  Would that satisfy the electronic debit?  I don't see why using your debit card on a recurring transaction wouldn't qualify as well.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pre-paid accounts only have account members.... for some odd reason.

0 Likes