I cannot get regular service in my new home and Verizon won't help me . My contract runs out in Dec. 2013 and I'm not due for an upgrade till August. I don't want anything but a working phone, I feel cornered. A network extender would help us.
FrauB

Please help me get a phone that I can actually USE! Just moved into a new house a few weeks ago and even though your VERIZON MAP and customer service both say that we do have service, I can only use the phone a few times. I have to charge it 6/7 times a day . These basic phones do not have signal strength...I am being trapped by Verizon because I am not able to upgrade (not till August) and can't get out of my contract...but I still have to pay for service that I CANNOT get. I have been on tech support for hours, visited stores and sat for hours. I have done EVERYTHING on my end...why won't Verizon honor their contract??? I need a working phone and you advertise this area has service. I even spent more money and purchased a HOME CONNECT which had nothing but problems at first.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I cannot get regular service in my new home and Verizon won't help me . My contract runs out in Dec. 2013 and I'm not due for an upgrade till August. I don't want anything but a working phone, I feel cornered. A network extender would help us.
rcschnoor
Legend

If a network extender would help, I would suggest purchasing one.

You can do so HERE.

0 Likes
Re: I cannot get regular service in my new home and Verizon won't help me . My contract runs out in Dec. 2013 and I'm not due for an upgrade till August. I don't want anything but a working phone, I feel cornered. A network extender would help us.
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

These basic phones do not have signal strength.

Basic phones often get a better signal than smartphones. Which phone do you have?

This happens sometimes after a move, unfortunately. Your choices are to get the network extender or pay the ETF and try another carrier. If you signed your contract in December 2011 with a basic phone, your ETF will be about $110 right now.

0 Likes
graysmama
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would reccomend a network extender as well.  Have you called in for tech support?  I have seen customers post on here before that sometimes they can offer a discount on a network extender for a verified service issue or file a trouble ticket.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you indicate you just moved, have you tried dialing *228, option 2, to update your Preferred Roaming List?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

have you tried moving back to the old house?

its not verizons fault you moved,

thier contract does not garuntee coverage indoors, or even outdoors for that matter

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon FrauB. I am excited to hear that you moved and I hope that it went as smooth as possible. I know first hand how difficult the moving process can be.

I know how dissapointing it can be when your phone doesn't work to your expectations and I absolutely want to see what we can do to get you back up and running. One thing I don't want you to feel is trapped. There are always options, we just have to figure out what the root cause of the issue is and then we can provide you with a resolution. We will not rest until we have a resolution for you. You pay good money for your service and it is important to me that you recieve the quality service you deserve in return.

Is it happening both indoors and outdoors? While the map may show that we have coverage in your area, we cannot gaurantee service indoors. There are too many variables, such as the construction of your building, the surround terrain, and the placement of towers that can affect the penetration of the signal indoors. The community is correct. A network extender is a great solution for customers with signal solution indoors. Please visit http://vz.to/gwFgVl, for more information on the network extender. You would need highspeed internet access for this accessory to work. One thing I would want you to try is updating your PRL by dialing *228 and press option 2 to updating your roaming list.

You say you have spoken to tech support for hours already. Have they filed a resolution ticket for your area? If so what were the results?

You certainly shouldn't have to charge your phone six to seven times a day. How do you use your phone? Do you have any apps such as battery saver, or a task killer? If you do please uninstall them, as they can cause the battery to drain much faster than normal.

Are you still having issues with your Home Phone Connect? What's going on with it?

We are here to support you FrauB, please provide further information and we would be more than happy to continue to assist.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes