I get a text message saying I have a text message
Ed_Shepherd
Enthusiast - Level 2

In stead of receiving text messages, I get a text message saying I have a text message and have to go to a web site to see it.  I used to receive text messages on my blackberry.  How do I fix that. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I get a text message saying I have a text message
Ed_Shepherd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I figured it out. I can’t receive text messages with pictures. I can receive them if they don’t have pictures.

If I get a text message with a picture, I get a text directing me to vzw.com/newpix-flix-message. I have to use a computer and sign in with my phone number and password and then navigate this really clunky web site to try to find my message.

My daughter put a picture in her signature block (which I couldn’t receive on my phone) and evidently everyone after that was using reply-all (which evidently brought along the picture) so I was missing everything.

I discovered the advantages of a battery-pull by accident. I dropped my phone and the battery came out. After putting it back it, the battery life went from one day back to one week. Evidently I had a lot of stuff running in the background.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was it maybe a picture message and your current phone isn't capable of handling the size of the attachment.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ed_Shepherd
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. When I go on the web site to see them, they are just short simple texts.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmmm. That is odd. I have no idea how to correct that.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are they BBM messages from former BBM contacts?  Are they messages sent to vtext.com that just aren't getting to your phone?  How long have you been using this current phone that isn't a BlackBerry, and what kind of phone is it?  Try dialing *228 option 1 and let the phone reboot.  You also may have to call CS and make sure your texting plan is provisioned correctly for your current phone.

0 Likes
Ed_Shepherd
Enthusiast - Level 2

My blackberry is an 8830. I don’t know what BMM or vtext.com is.

These are family members and friends texting from their phones to my phone number.

I have been getting their texts just fine for many years, but not now.

I’m not sure what CS is, but neither my texting plan nor my phone has changed.

I use *228 option 2 to update my roaming capabilities, but, according to my company, I can’t use option 1 because a reboot will delete company apps that have to stay on my phone.

Thanks for your suggestions.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ed.Shepherd wrote:

My blackberry is an 8830.  I don’t know what BMM or vtext.com is.  I misread you post and thought you no longer had the BlackBerry - BBM is BlackBerry messenger texts.  vtext.com are messages sent from a website to your Verizon phone.  I was just trying to explore possible reasons why your phone would be rejecting the messages but you could view them online (ayt what website?  vtext.com?).

These are family members and friends texting from their phones to my phone number.

I have been getting their texts just fine for many years, but not now.

I’m not sure what CS (Sorry - CS is shorthand for Customer Service) is, but neither my texting plan nor my phone has changed.

I use *228 option 2 to update my roaming capabilities, but, according to my company,  I can’t use option 1 because a reboot will delete company apps that have to stay on my phone. So you never do a reboot?  That may be one of the issues; I reboot my BB every few days to free memory.  That may be the issue here - your phone has run out of space to store messages so they are delivered in an alternate way?

Thanks for your suggestions.

A hard reset of the device WILL wipe out installed apps, but a soft reset (battery pull, reboot, *228) will NOT delete any apps.  And it's needed now and then for the health of your BB.

0 Likes
Ed_Shepherd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I figured it out. I can’t receive text messages with pictures. I can receive them if they don’t have pictures.

If I get a text message with a picture, I get a text directing me to vzw.com/newpix-flix-message. I have to use a computer and sign in with my phone number and password and then navigate this really clunky web site to try to find my message.

My daughter put a picture in her signature block (which I couldn’t receive on my phone) and evidently everyone after that was using reply-all (which evidently brought along the picture) so I was missing everything.

I discovered the advantages of a battery-pull by accident. I dropped my phone and the battery came out. After putting it back it, the battery life went from one day back to one week. Evidently I had a lot of stuff running in the background.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ed.Shepherd wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I think I figured it out.  I can’t receive text messages with pictures.  I can receive them if they don’t have pictures. This can be rectified by a call to Customer Service - text messaging should include picture messaging, especially on a BB where you should not have any type of data blocks on the phone.  I get pics on my BB all the time....

If I get a text message with a picture, I get a text directing me to vzw.com/newpix-flix-message.  I have to use a computer and sign in with my phone number and password and then navigate this really clunky web site to try to find my message.

I discovered the advantages of a battery-pull by accident.  I dropped my phone and the battery came out.  After putting it back it, the battery life went from one day back to one week.  Evidently I had a lot of stuff running in the background. Smiley Happy I use an app called Quick Pull - it simulates a battery pull without having to physically remove the battery (which is a bit of a challenge with my Otter Box cover!)  Battery life and speed noticeably improve right away, especially if I haven't done a "quick pull" in a few days.

0 Likes
Ed_Shepherd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the advice.

0 Likes