I have a really old basic phone and lately if people try to send me texts from a smartphone (especially on a different carrier) the messages will come in garbled, truncated, or missing parts of the message. I'm thinking of getting a new phone to correct t
doubleerizzo

I have a really old basic phone and lately if people try to send me texts from a smartphone (especially on a different carrier) the messages will come in garbled, truncated, or missing parts of the message. I'm thinking of getting a new phone to correct this issue but still only want a basic phone. I was looking at the Samsung Intensity III but before I get one I was wondering if anyone has experience the garbled texts problem with that model? It would be unfortunate to get one and then still have the same issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have a really old basic phone and lately if people try to send me texts from a smartphone (especially on a different carrier) the messages will come in garbled, truncated, or missing parts of the message. I'm thinking of getting a new phone to corre
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What you are seeing is likely a result of the messages containing "emojis", or with a background image, or the text is formatted in a different font or color than what your basic phone is able to "translate". It's a good bet that any baisc phone is going to give you the same results.

The solution is for the ones that are sending you "fancy" messages remember to send you only plain text messages without the emojis and such, or for you to get a phone that is able to handle to he complexity. 

Text messages have become much more that just quick exchanges  - limiting to 160 characters and just plain text with no embellishments is a limitation you will find on most all older basic phones.  Good luck.

View solution in original post

Re: I have a really old basic phone and lately if people try to send me texts from a smartphone (especially on a different carrier) the messages will come in garbled, truncated, or missing parts of the message. I'm thinking of getting a new phone to corre
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What you are seeing is likely a result of the messages containing "emojis", or with a background image, or the text is formatted in a different font or color than what your basic phone is able to "translate". It's a good bet that any baisc phone is going to give you the same results.

The solution is for the ones that are sending you "fancy" messages remember to send you only plain text messages without the emojis and such, or for you to get a phone that is able to handle to he complexity. 

Text messages have become much more that just quick exchanges  - limiting to 160 characters and just plain text with no embellishments is a limitation you will find on most all older basic phones.  Good luck.