I have an LG Octane that says I refused a software update. I can no longer access Mobile Web or get directions. I have tried to get software updates but the phone tells me there are none available.
MisterRight

I have an LG Octane that says I refused a software update. I can no longer access Mobile Web or get directions. I have tried to get software updates but the phone tells me there are none available?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have an LG Octane that says I refused a software update. I can no longer access Mobile Web or get directions. I have tried to get software updates but the phone tells me there are none available.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
MisterRight,

We know how important it is to be able to access the web. How long has this been going on on your Octane? When are you getting the message about "refusing a software update"? If you review the features on your My Verizon account online is ti still showing the option for Mobile Web?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I have an LG Octane that says I refused a software update. I can no longer access Mobile Web or get directions. I have tried to get software updates but the phone tells me there are none available.
MisterRight

How long has this been going on on your Octane? --- This issue has been goin on since 2014.

When are you getting the message about "refusing a software update"? --- I have the message in the 'status' of the 'Sofeware Update" on my phone.

If you review the features on your My Verizon account online is ti still showing the option for Mobile Web? --- I have a data plan along with unlimited talk and text.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You could try a master reset.  This might kick the update back into download mode.

Select “Settings and Tools,” and then choose “Phone Settings.” Select “Security” and enter the phone's security code. By default, this code is set to the last four digits of your phone number. Choose “Restore Phone.”

0 Likes
MisterRight

Thank you. I have tried the master reset.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you have tried a master reset and the phone still will not update, you might try a Verizon corporate store for support or reach out to LG as they have a chat line, but I'm willing to bet they will refer you to Verizon or either ask you to send in the phone for repair.  At that stage, it might be cheaper to buy another phone similar or the same online elsewhere.

0 Likes