I have recently upgraded my phone to the LG Extravert 2 and recently I have had complications with receiving text messages.
Brandon12

I will not receive the messages unless I restart my phone, and when I do that I will only receive one text message.  Is there any solution that will get my phone receiving texts like normal again?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have recently upgraded my phone to the LG Extravert 2 and recently I have had complications with receiving text messages.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phone, Brandon12. We want to make sure there is no longer an issue with your texts.
What phone did you upgrade from? Is the old phone completely turned off?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I have recently upgraded my phone to the LG Extravert 2 and recently I have had complications with receiving text messages.
Brandon12

I went from an LG Cosmos 2 and I have that phone powered off

Sent from my iPod

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brandon12 We appreciate the details. Is this happening with with regular text messages or picture messages?

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Brandon12

I'm not sure about picture messages, but I've noticed regular messages

Sent from my iPod

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the additional insight, Brandon12. It is greatly appreciated. How many messages are currently in the inbox? Have you recently cleared out previous messages and tested? Do you have any issue sending messages?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Brandon12

Sending messages is working fine. Messages are receiving off and on, today I received all messages since 10 last night at around 12. For my inbox, I have the old messages deleted automatically so it is usually full. Turning my phone of and on again has helped, along with dialing *228 and choosing both options, however nothing has gave me a permanent solution.

Sent from my iPod

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brandon12

Great! If you manually delete your inbox so there is free space available, are your messages delivered on time? Do you have any trouble actually deleting the messages?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Brandon12

I do have trouble deleting them all at once. And I get messages that say they were sent before the actual time of receiving them.

Sent from my iPod

0 Likes