I'm getting more and more corrupt text messasges, [No content]
MrTom0000
Enthusiast - Level 3

It used to just be months ago when I'd get a corrupt text message because my wife who is on a smart phone would include an emoji in the text message. Then all I'd receive are a bunch of small squares broken in multiple messages and the subject says [No content].

Now I'm getting them more often, from my sister and a coworker. People just try to send me some regular text and sometimes I get it, and sometimes not. Just plain text, no emojis.

What's going on with the texting service? It doesn't seem to be standard code anymore.

My phone is an LG enV3.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm getting more and more corrupt text messasges, [No content]
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi MrTom0000,

We want every message to be delivered properly to your phone. I can certainly understand your frustration with receiving garbled messages and want to help. I have sent you a direct mesasge, please respond to this message.

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TUNDRA4X4PLAY00

PamelaF_VZW,

I too am having an increased amount of [No Content] messages on my LG ENV3.  As with Mr Tom0000, it used to only be when i was trying to receive an emoji, now it it also happening with regular messages.

Please advise if your private message to Mr Tom0000 fixed his issue.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

0 Likes
Valcomp

I am having an increased amount of [No Content] messages on my LG Accolade.

As with Mr Tom0000, it used to only be when i was trying to receive an emoji, now it is happening with messages I was able to receive. This started under a month ago.

Please advise if your private message to Mr Tom0000 fixed his issue.

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Receiving blank messages in place of plan text is understandably a huge concern, TUNDRA4X4PLAY00. Let's dig into this further. What type of device (i.e. iPhone, Android, etc.) are you receiving these messages from? Is this happening with one specific sender, or multiple? What messaging application is the sender using?

LynnD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TUNDRA4X4PLAY00

Lynn,

I also have an LG Env 3.  I am seeing the No Content messages from multiple senders, mostly ones on iPhones, and I think they are all on the Verizon.network.

0 Likes
MrTom0000
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've done some more experiments today from a friend using an iPhone. I get a garbage message whenever I receive an apostrophe ' or quotes or even just one quote ". And of course whenever I receive an emoji from a smart phone.

Why do I get a garbage text when I receive even just one quote? Example, when I receive I'll be back in a text message from a smart phone it turns into garbage. Or if someone sends me Hi "Bob" from a smart phone it turns into garbage.

Here's a forum of people having this issue 2 years ago while using Google Voice. It seemed to have fixed it self in a couple of days for those people, but this issue has been around for many years.

Google Groups

I wish this would get fixed, as I don't want to spend more money buying new hardware just because someone broke the network for "dumb" phones.

People, try your own experiments and have someone text you either an emoji, an apostrophe or quotes from a smart phone and see what happens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those details TUNDRA4XPLAY00. What is included in the messages when you are experiencing these issues (i.e. special characters, attachments etc.)? Are you having any trouble with sending messages to those numbers?

RashadM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MrTom0000
Enthusiast - Level 3

A little more testing and my wife's Android phone sends quotes and apostrophes okay, it's still just the emoji's that corrupt the message.

Right now I get corrupt messages if it has a quote or apostrophe and is being sent from an iPhone, specifically tested with an iPhone 6 with iOS 11.0.3. On October 12th my sister sent me a corrupt message then got pissed I couldn't receive it then sent me a screen shot picture of her texts. Two of her messages contained apostrophes (you know, proper grammar) and she does have an iPhone and I'm not sure of the version or OS.

So for me emoji's from both Androids and iPhones corrupt the message. And quotes and apostrophes from only iPhones corrupt the message.

The image below is what I get when an iPhone sends me just one quote ".

IMG_4067.JPG

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MrTom0000, We appreciate you completing some test text messages. I understand how frustrating unknown text messages can be. We're here to help. The good news is that your phone is working as it should. The reason you're receiving icons oppose to emojis that your basic phone doesn't support graphics from a smartphone. Therefore, graphics from a basic phone to basic phone are supported. And graphics from smartphone to smartphone are supported. I hope this is beneficial.

TrinetteW_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes