I would like to switch to another carrier when my prepaid Verizon minutes expire.
EdgarSwank

I need to know if my current phone, an LG VX5300 is currently locked to Verizon, and if so, to get Verizon to unlock it, or to learn how to unlock it myself.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I would like to switch to another carrier when my prepaid Verizon minutes expire.
Not applicable

That phone wouldn't work at another carrier even if you could unlock it. Prepaid carriers that offer bring your own phone service will only take GSM phones since thy have SIM cards. Even Verizon 4G smartphones which all have SIM cards can't be used for some unknown reason.

0 Likes
Re: I would like to switch to another carrier when my prepaid Verizon minutes expire.
EdgarSwank
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@EdgarSwank

Your reply was blank. Please post your message by a different method then what you used to create your reply.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
EdgarSwank

The answer I tried to send via Email reply was

I think what you say may be true for most carriers. But I think the one I have in mind

http://www.pagepluscellular.com

will work. They say they specifically support the LG VX5300.

What I need to know from Verizon is if my phone is locked to the Verizon service, and, if so, how I can get it unlocked.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_Plus_Cellular  and see if it answers your questions.

0 Likes
EdgarSwank

Thank you for the pointer, but it doesn't give a clear answer, plus, I think you would be a better authority about my phone than the unknown author writing for Wikipedia. Wikipedia says...

most Verizon postpaid and Alltel phones can be activated (with limitations). Also other CDMA phones can be flashed or reprogrammed to use Page Plus network including devices from Sprint, MetroPCS, Cricket, U.S. Cellular, and others excluding Virgin Mobile USA phones. However, Page Plus cannot activate prepaid Verizon/Alltel phones.

My phone is currently on a prepaid plan, but the same phone and number was previously on a postpaid plan, with at least one two-year contract, which I fulfilled. Please consult my individual records for << Phone number removed >>, and tell me the status of my phone.

If it is locked to Verizon, I hereby request you unlock it, or tell me how to unlock it.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please don't post your phone number on the public forum. It is against the rules of the Terms of Service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

Whet did pageplus say when you asked them if that phone that was on vetizon service could be used on their service?  Surely they would know that.  Mary

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The people who have responded to your posts are NOT Verizon employees and do NOT have access to your individual records to consult. This forum is not customer service, but a customer to customer forum.