Re: I would like to switch to another carrier when my prepaid Verizon minutes expire.
EdgarSwank

I sent them an inquiry, but they couldn't say anything about my specific phone because they can't see Verizon's records. I expect when I ask them to transfer my phone to their service, they will be able to tell then if they can do it or not.

0 Likes
Re: I would like to switch to another carrier when my prepaid Verizon minutes expire.
EdgarSwank

Thanks for making that clear. I thought at least some of the responders here worked for Verizon. Maybe not. I have sent Verizon a private inquiry about this from the "contact us" on their main website. I think I might have already sent one, but never got a reply. I know it's impossible to get a live person on the phone if you're a prepaid customer. Verizon customer service for prepaids like me just suc*s.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Occasionally, but not always, a Verizon person will respond on these forums.

However it will usually be after several days to a couple of weeks and the person responding will clearly be marked as being from Verizon by their name/Avatar.

An example of such a response can be seen in THIS thread in which a Verizon rep DID respond. This response is actually a bit quicker than the average response time on these forums from Verizon reps. I assume the reason behind this is the fact that this is first and foremost a customer-to-customer forum.

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

I had prepaid for a lot of years and could dial 611 from my phone at no cost and get a live person, same as my contract phone.  I don't think that has changed that I know of or maybe I am remembering wrong?  Mary

0 Likes