ICONS
hairmaster

I just want to find out what the icons on my phone mean.  I can't find it on the verizon website or the manual.  I have the Motorola Rival and the icon is at the top.  It's a circle with a + in the middle and two )) to the right.  It's probably nothing major, but I would like to know what it means.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ICONS
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like the GPS symbol and it is on. Did you check the full online manual for the legend?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hairmaster

I thought it was a GPS symbol too, but I deactivated the VZ Navigator from my phone and the icon is still there.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is still the E-911 GPS location that is in on phones on Verizon Wireless. My old Motorola flip phone had that same symbol and I could turn the active GPS radio off which was noted by the two "))" symbols. The circle with the + symbol stayed on. I would suggest going through your phone settings and see if your phone has a similar option to turn the active GPS radio off.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

On my LG Octane that symbol means "Location On" . It's a phone locator, so big brother can watch you. On my phone if you go under menu, setting and tools, phone info, icon glossary. There are lists showing what each icon is.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

While VZ Navigator DOES use the GPS capabilities of your phone, there are other things which also use it. Deactivating VZ Navigator will not by itself deactivate the GPS on your phone. This can most likely be done in your "settings & tools" menu.

Page 11 of your owner's manual says that this icon means that "Location is On".

0 Likes