Re: IS ANYONE ELSE AS ANGRY AS I AM ABOUT THE NEW $30.00 UPGRADE FEE?
ifindbooks

SO ANGRY I COULD S P I T! We are on a Grandfathered Alltel plan now 'Absorbed by Verizon'...EVERY agent I spoke with has remarked how we are able to 'upgrade' and retain the amazing plan we HAVE...THE CATCH: The agents AND a store manager said no new phone needed to trade out a phone until we decide what to upgrade to... HA!!!! I Call TODAY to switch out phones and TAA-DAA...'we're sorry, but Verizon will NOT activate a non-verizon branded phone - regardless if it's compatiable with our service!!! (Too many freebies with Alltel phones!) But if I want to upgrade to a 'basic phone' I only have to pay discounted price AND upgrade fee AND possible data charge AND Shipping AND Tax AND they are 'moving away from' BASIC PHONES' so the choice is limited to no free phones in store and $50-$199 BASIC phones on-line AND we have to extend our contract for 2 years.... REALLY? If ONE MORE PERSON SAYS "I'M SORRY (for the misinformation)" but that's the way it is I'll scream!  So loyalty suggests I serch the web for used Verizon phones -because...I have an amazing plan. Share everything SHOULD be re-named 'GOTCHA'.   Celebrating NOT being in contract right now.....read the web re: Verizon data plan/upgrades ...very angry birds.

0 Likes
ifindbooks

@ commonmsense101 ... how many ppl do u think DO NOT believe u work for Verizon? I worked for competitor and we were also put in the position to 'just charge em PERIOD.' But we were honest and forthcoming about all charges UP FRONT. No surprises after the fact and no misinformation to lock in a  contract. U could listen to EVERY ONE of my recorded calls for all 4 hours today AND NOT ONE AGENT advised of an upgrade fee!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Bloodsuckers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes...I have been with Verizon since the beginning of time.  I have went through 3 company name changes and numerouse upgrades through the years.  And like many of the others that have replied; it went from $100.00 to $50.00 to $30.00 (which is totaly washed out by the new upgrade fee of guess what...$30.00)  This latest upgrade I made was so frustrating that it never showed my $30.00 (Verizon loyalty discount) yeah right, but they did charge me the $30.00 upgrade fee of course.  I was told it was taken off the phone...but I never saw it.  Going to the local Verizon stores is a joke.  There are new people there everytime I go (Usually a fresh out of school, fast talking, green horn, that is just there for a sale not to help with anything.)  I am so frustrated.  I see the commercials about how good Verizon is suppose to be and years ago that might have been true...but not anymore.  And please Verizon; just be honest, just say we don't give any more discounts, no how, no way, at all on anything to anybody.  And we will tack on fees and charges as we see fit.  No customers loyalty, no customer service, you should have no customers! VERY DISSATISFIED!

thisismessedup
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unreal... just got off the phone with Verizon to question the $30 upgrade fee.  the response was that it was because they give me discounts on the phones when I renew my contract.  Wait, I thought you gave me a discount to on the phones so that I DO renew my 2 YEAR CONTRACT to remain your CUSTOMER!   What a joke!  Just be up front with it, don't make it sound like you are doing me a favor with discounted phones and then charge me for your discount. 

khrispee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am with you I get a $30 discount to upgrade but then I am charged $30 to "upgrade".  My current phone is the Droid X I wasn't charged this when the smart phone first came out so why now?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

khrispee wrote:

I am with you I get a $30 discount to upgrade but then I am charged $30 to "upgrade".  My current phone is the Droid X I wasn't charged this when the smart phone first came out so why now?

The upgrade fee wasn't in place when you purchased the Droid X. The upgrade fee came into existence in April 2012 for customers of Verizon Wireless. If you were on another carrier like AT&T for example, you would have experienced an upgrade fee when you purchased a new phone two years ago and today when you are looking to upgrade again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
khrispee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ann154,

I had someone call me and she did tell me about the $30 upgrade.  She said it is a one time upgrade to enhance the system.  Do you  know if this is true or will be paying anytime we want to upgrade our phone through VZW?

K!

0 Likes
jerrybaum1

> Irrelevant post deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

khrispee wrote:

Ann154,

I had someone call me and she did tell me about the $30 upgrade.  She said it is a one time upgrade to enhance the system.  Do you  know if this is true or will be paying anytime we want to upgrade our phone through VZW?

K!

You will have to pay the upgrade fee every time you upgrade at the subsidized price and sign a new two year contract. You don't have to pay the upgrade fee if you purchase your phone at the full retail price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

That is correct. You will have to pay $30 once every 20 months to receive a 65%-95% discount on a phone.

0 Likes