If I have a Basic Phone account with one phone, can I move a friends smart phone account over? What happens to their data plan? They have unlimited data.
CleanBaldy

I have a basic phone line account.  It's the 700 minute More Everything plan.     

A friend is breaking up with his girlfriend and they want to separate their accounts safely.   I offered to let him move his phone account to my account, since we currently live together.   Seemed like a good option, since we already split the bills.  (not important)

What will happen to his account and data (Unlimited) when he moves it to my account?  How about his upgrade date, which is currently this November.  Will that simply stay the same and he'll just move over to my account?  

Will we share my 700 minutes?   How does that work?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If I have a Basic Phone account with one phone, can I move a friends smart phone account over? What happens to their data plan? They have unlimited data.
Weth
Legend

Why doesn't he just set up a transfer of liability and have his own account so he can keep unlimited data? his upgrade date is not relevant if he wants to keep unlimited data. 

0 Likes
Re: If I have a Basic Phone account with one phone, can I move a friends smart phone account over? What happens to their data plan? They have unlimited data.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CleanBaldy,

That is a great question! The process to have that line transferred into your name is called an assumption of liability. When the line is transferred over into your name, the unlimited data would be removed. You would need to change the plan to a More Everything plan that with a data allowance.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes