If all I use is basic phones, do I need to buy a data package on the MORE Everything plan?
bbergl
Enthusiast - Level 1

If all I am using is basic phones, why would I need data?

I tried to change from my family plan online, but it required me to choose at least 250mb of shared data at $15.

Can I get the basic plan without the data?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If all I use is basic phones, do I need to buy a data package on the MORE Everything plan?
Not applicable

rcschnoor wrote:

If you have a basic phone, you do not have to have data on the More Everything plan. Keep in mind, if you do not get at least the tier with 250 MB of data, then you will not have unlimited text/minutes included in your plan. You only get 700 minutes with the no data tier and pay as you go texting.

If you want to include unlimited minutes/texts, that would be a minimum of the 250 MB data tier. This tier is an additional $10/month and includes 250 MB data, unlimited minutes and unlimited texting.Smiley Happy

Actually the plan with 700 minutes INCLUDES unlimited texting but the data is pay as you go as $1.99 per MB.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: If all I use is basic phones, do I need to buy a data package on the MORE Everything plan?
rcschnoor
Legend

If you have a basic phone, you do not have to have data on the More Everything plan. Keep in mind, if you do not get at least the tier with 250 MB of data, then you will not have unlimited text/minutes included in your plan. You only get 700 minutes with the no data tier and pay as you go texting.

If you want to include unlimited minutes/texts, that would be a minimum of the 250 MB data tier. This tier is an additional $10/month and includes 250 MB data, unlimited minutes and unlimited texting.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
bbergl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am still confused. Let us be specific.

The More plan says that each basic phone is $30. Times four: that is $120.

Are you saying that without a data package, I will not receive unlimited text and voice service?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The line access fee on the More Everything plan is $30 for each basic phone. That ONLY gets the phones on your account. With 4 basic phones, that comes to $120. You THEN have to add a minute/data/texting portion to your plan.

For $5/month you would get 700 shared minutes for your phones and NO data/texting for a total of $125/month.

For $15/month you would get unlimited minutes/texting AND 250 MB of data for a total of $135/month.

Of course, taxes and fees would be additional, probably around $10/month or so.

I guess you need to ask yourself if the extra $10/month is worth it for unlimited minutes/texting instead of only 700 shared minutes and no data/texting. It would come to ~$37/phone TOTAL on the 250 MB tier and ~$34/phone TOTAL if you don't want data or unlimited minutes/texting.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Not applicable

rcschnoor wrote:

Actually the plan with 700 minutes INCLUDES unlimited texting but the data is pay as you go as $1.99 per MB.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I stand corrected. I see that has changed from the Share Everything to the More Everything plan.

What do I get with The MORE Everything Plan?

The MORE Everything Plan provides service on America’s Largest 4G LTE Network and then some. With MORE Everything, each line gets:

• Unlimited minutes
  • Unlimited messages
  • Unlimited international messaging
  • 25 GB of Verizon Cloud storage*
  • Mobile Hotspot, so you can connect and share your data with multiple Wi-Fi enabled devices if you have a Mobile Hotspot-capable device.
  • 700 minute plan (no data) now includes Unlimited Text for $5/monthly account access
0 Likes