Initial problems noted with Samsung Intensity II
Allen5540

I use my phone as an alarm clock because it's not subject to AC line being active and the clock is dead accurate receiving timing from the local network. I noted a curious behavior of the alarm clock though. I set the alarm to ring once at 8:30am. I then set the alarm back on for the following day but when the time arrived the alarm did not go off! Fortunately, I awoke natually in enough time to get going but this disturbed me that it didn't go off! Is it something I'm doing wrong or is this another software glitch I've been hearing about with these phones?

This phone has very curious behavior with Bluetooth. It won't play music through my Plantronics Voyager Pro headset at all! It comes out the dinky speaker on the back! What's up with that? If I invest in a stereo Bluetooth headset, how can I guarantee the music will play through that headset? It's supposed to have stereo Bluetooth support...that's what the literature and advertising say! Question is, does it work? Has anyone paired this phone to stereo bluetooth and does it work? I have a 8GB microSD card full of music. I'd like to be able to play it! Also, does the volume setting to drive my Plantronics Voyager Pro return when I come back up on bluetooth as versus the setting when I'm using the phone? Most phones do this but I'm noticing an inordinate amount of fiddling with volume when switching. There is a huge disparity between the stock drive level to my headset which is very low versus the phone which is extremely loud. Does it remember the settings especially if you've pressed the Set key to save the volume settings?

Battery life is really dismal so far! I've had to charge this phone a lot considering how much I use it! I have an 8GB microSD card loaded and am running on bluetooth headset most of the time. This phone seems to eat batteries for lunch so far! Is this a problem and if so, is there an extended life battery available for it? The problem with these is that you have to take the protective plastic cover off on the bottom to use one. Is there an alternative case protector available with the extended life battery?

I am concerned about all this because my last two phones of this variety, the LG EnVy 2 and the EnVtouch were absolute disasters, they failed to work properly at all and got rid of them and went back to a basic phone. Am I looking at similar issues with this phone? I like a full QWERTY keyboard for texting and would like to be able to keep that capability. VZNavigator and Backup Assistant are the only two applications I need, and these seem to run very nicely on the Samsug Intensity II While the Intensity II has a very beautiful look, I need the phone to work properly, that's more important! What good is a pretty face with no substance?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Initial problems noted with Samsung Intensity II
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

face it;it's a PHONE, and if it makes and receives phone calls, then it's functioning.  I don't depend on the phone as an alarm clock - buy a cheap $5 wind up clock if you absolutely NEED an alarm.... or a clock radio with a battery backup....

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Allen5540,

I understand that having a device work the way it should is important to you.  I am confident we can find a solution for your concerns.  When using the alarm clock, does the alarm go off consistently when you set custom days or set to weekdays?  As you mentioned your music is not playing through your Voyager Pro.  To confirm, can you advise me of the exact model of the headset? The original Voyager Pro was not stereo Bluetooth capable.  The Voyager Pro Plus and Voyager Pro HD does have the A2DP profile to allow stereo output.  In regards to the battery life on the phone have you tried adjusting your brightness and backlight settings?  This can help the device last longer throughout the day.  Bluetooth being constantly connected to the phone can also play a large roll in depleting the battery life.  Extended batteries are made for the Intensity II but at this time we do not have available stock in our warehouse as well as cases for an extended battery.  I may suggest checking directly with Samsung to review their accessory options.  I want to make sure you have a positive device experience. I look forward to hearing from you and working towards a resolution.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Allen5540

I found the problem! Yalek, you need to actually run one of these phones before offering advise on it! When setting an alarm on the Intensity II you must scroll down to Ringtone and check that the first box is Tone and not Light Only! The phone tends to default to this Light Only position rendering the alarm completely useless! Contact Samsung and let them know that this feature is causing severe problems with alarm performance and have them remove that option from the firmware. I'll be happy to reflash my phone to get rid of that feature! This is by far one of the stupidest things to put in a phone and wonder how much else Samsung has blown with this phone? I'm still scratching my head with disbelief, how could anyone put a feature like that into a phone that would cause it to malfunction more often than not...go figure!

0 Likes