Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Intensity 3 Content Transfer Question
JHawk47

I currently have an LG Revere 3 and I just got a Samsung Intensity 3.  I backed up my contacts using the Backup Assistant, so I think that I can move them to the new phone.  My question is about my saved pictures and text messages.  I read somewhere that I should NOT activate my new phone until after I transfer that stuff or else I won't be able to do it at all.  Now I'm afraid to activate it. Smiley Sad  Can anyone shed some light on this?  Can I transfer my pics and text myself, or do I need to go to a Verizon store?  I have no Idea what to do.

Thanks for any advise,

Jackson

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Intensity 3 Content Transfer Question
JHawk47

MarshallP_VZW,

Actually, there IS a way to transfer pictures.  I used Bluetooth and got it done.  I had to talk a a 2nd tier customer support rep, but he got it to work.

And, YES I did get the phone activated and I love it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is a great question Jackson, and we are all about answers. You are able to activate your new phone without losing the pictures on the old phone. Providing you don't do a factory reset on the old one. You will want to transfer your pictures however, at some point. Here is a link that will help: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/content-transfer-help/ I hope this provides clarity.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JHawk47

Thank you for your reply.

I've used the Backup Assistant Plus and it looks like all it backed up was my contacts.  I want to back up the rest of my content.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am glad you were able to back up your contacts, JHawk47. I want to confirm that you can definitely activate your new Samsung Intensity 3. 

With basic phones, the Backup Assistant Plus is only able to transfer contacts. I apologize for any inconvenience, at this time there is no way to transfer text messages and media to a different basic phone. I do want to make sure you are able to restore your contacts successfully. Please view this link for instructions on how to do so: http://spr.ly/6580Di6Lj . Does this information help?

MarshallP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername

Wow what an old phone. Hope you didn't pay much as it will be useless after Dec 31st 2019. And if for any reason you de-activate it after June 30th this year this is and try to re-activate you won't be able to.

0 Likes
JHawk47

MarshallP_VZW,

Actually, there IS a way to transfer pictures.  I used Bluetooth and got it done.  I had to talk a a 2nd tier customer support rep, but he got it to work.

And, YES I did get the phone activated and I love it.

0 Likes