Intensity II Dead?
carrg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an Intensity II, and it seems to be completely devoid of "life." I tried charging it in the car today, and it wouldn't take power, not for five minutes, not for the five hours I was driving around today. Now I'm home and I put it on the wall charger, which I find more reliable. The screen flashed the Verizon logo for about 30 seconds, then went black. That's the most it's done in the better part of 24 hours.

Verizon's support page wants me to call in... which I can't do right now, does anyone know how to get them on the chat line? I was able to pull that off once, but I can't figure out how to do it again. Assistance greatly needed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Intensity II Dead?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How old is the Intensity II? If it's still under warranty, you may be able to get it replaced.  The issue may also be the battery - they do go bad.  That's also a warranty item, but you can get those replaced (OEM) inexpensively with online vendors like batteries4Less, Cellular Accessories, Day Deal, etc. I price compare because they all offer different batteries at different prices, so I shop and get my best price/shipping deal at the time.

Is there another phone you can borrow to make the customer service call?

Getting a chat rep is hit or miss - usually one pops up while I am "shopping" for plan changes or new phones, but not always.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How old is the Intensity II? If it's still under warranty, you may be able to get it replaced.  The issue may also be the battery - they do go bad.  That's also a warranty item, but you can get those replaced (OEM) inexpensively with online vendors like batteries4Less, Cellular Accessories, Day Deal, etc. I price compare because they all offer different batteries at different prices, so I shop and get my best price/shipping deal at the time.

Is there another phone you can borrow to make the customer service call?

Getting a chat rep is hit or miss - usually one pops up while I am "shopping" for plan changes or new phones, but not always.

0 Likes
carrg
Enthusiast - Level 1

after about an hour I unplugged it to try and charge/activate my old env2, which didn't work out, but when I plugged it back in, the thing sprang back to life. I think the warranty ran out last month, which is entirely irksome. That isn't likely to stop me from going to the store and rousing some rabble over selling phones on a two year contract, that barely last 6 months.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a one year manufacturer's warranty, so if you have had the phone 6 months, you still have 6 months to go on the warranty.  It does not cover physical damage, wear and tear, or water damage and they will charge you for a new phone if your old one shows those types of damage.

Hope whatever life got breathed into it lasts for awhile... !

0 Likes