Intensity II battery life, lag accessing the contacts menu
NickClark

I'm having a problem with battery life with my Intensity II. I can charge it to full a full battery and whether or not I use it at all it will need a charge in about a day. I'm also having other issues: Sometimes I flip it open and it shuts down. Other times I'll select contacts and it will lag for about 10-15 seconds before it goes to my contacts.

Is anyone else having these problems?

P.S. I'm not sure where I am in my warrenty but I think I might be really close to the end.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Intensity II battery life, lag accessing the contacts menu
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could just be the battery is getting old and replacing it will help immensely.  Look for OEM batteries inex[pensively on third party sites like Batteries 4 Less or Cellular accessories.  Prices do vary, so shop around.

0 Likes
NickClark

When the phone was about a month old this started, I brought it back to a verizon store and they swapped out the battery. I have a feeling the phone is the problem. I have now read a few different strings I didn't see before that speak to battery draining problems. I am really dissatisfied with this phone for this reason.

0 Likes
oneline180
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone has been acting up as well since the week after I got it back in September of last year.

-It was fine for the first week battery seemed normal, no glitches, charged properly, it would last 3-4 days with no issues.

Then I did a software update on the phone and that's when it started to drain ridiculously fast no matter how much I tried to make it save energy. I have to charge it at least once per day, sometimes two or three times b/c it just doesn't last.

-I went in right as soon as I noticed the problem to the Verizon store in my area and they said to me, "That's normal. There's nothing we can do about it." I even talked to the manager and they were not willing to simply swap out the battery to see if it would help.

-I bought a car charger for it and have had to continually charge it at all times of day so I don't get stuck somewhere without a phone. Even then it still dies on me suddenly for no reason. I've put the brightness settings to the lowest possible and it seems to make the problem worse. For some reason it likes the middle setting best, but even then the battery does not last much longer, probably an hour more tops, and that's if I don't touch it at all. 

My phone has also been acting up when trying to see/open/respond to text messages, as well as to open the menu to change anything regarding system settings. It has frozen on me for over 30 seconds before, sometimes I just get fed up with it and pull off the battery b/c it will not respond to anything. I've had it tell me it was fully charged before and the unit signals the "low battery" noise/screen display and it turns off.

0 Likes
jollygreengiant
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife has the EXACT same problem with hers, it is not battery life, it is the usage of the phone. Lots of texting and calling uses up the battery quickly. If you send and receive multiple texts within short timeframes, that chews up battery life quickly.

I had an original Samsung Intensity for over 2 years, and with original battery I still only had to charge it once every 9-14 days. I texted 2-3 times per day and maybe 5-10 short calls per week. My wife has the Intensity2 and she texts at least 20-30 message per day and at least 3-5 calls per day lasting 10-30 minutes each. She has to charge her phone every 24-48 hours. After 6 months or so we thought it was the battery so we contacted Verizon and got a replacement battery. It was fine for 2 weeks, charging every 3 days, then it went right back to the same charging schedule. So I swapped it with the battery in my original Intensity, and guess what, even with the swapped batteries, both phones kept their same charge schedule (mine every 9-14 days, hers every 24-48 hours).

So these phones are VERY sensitive to usage. The more you call and text, the faster it drains. It is not a problem with the phone as I have found most cell phones whether they are basic or smart phones have the same issues. the more you use them, the faster the battery drains.

0 Likes
oneline180
Enthusiast - Level 1

No it's the phone, if I don't use it at all, in less than 7 hours the battery is completely dead.

0 Likes
jollygreengiant
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was referring to the original poster.

For you online180, I would suggest calling Verizon themselves and explain the problem. The local stores refused to help us either, even after I talked to the district manager.

My wife was able to get a free replacement battery from Verizon themselves which I believe may have been your problem all along.

Not applicable

NickClark,

I'm sorry to learn of the problems you're having with the Intensity II. I'm happy to help you out with the warranty verification. Thank you, SuzyQ for the great information on the battery.  It does sound like a hardware issue, as you mention when sliding the phone open it cuts off the power. Please send me a direct message for further assistance.

Thank you,

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
janeabr

I read on a different blog about the memory card causing this (people removed the memory card and now their battery is staying charged.) but before I read that it seemed to me that the battery was not tight enough.  I put a small piece of tissue at the bottom of the battery so that the fit was tighter against the posts.  Replaced the cover and charged.  That has been 4 days ago now and my battery is still at 4 bars.  Before I was having to charge about every 8 - 10 hours because it would go to 3 bars at that point then down to none very quickly. Hopefully this does the trick if not then I may try removing the memory card but I have noticed in the past that sometime taking the battery out and putting it back in would sometimes make it hold a charge longer and then after a while it would start doing the same thing so maybe the battery wasn't tight enough.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Janeabr, I'm always using my phone and understand how frustrating it can be to have to constantly charge your phone. So I want help make sure your phone is working properly.

How long is your battery lasting before you need to charge it? Do you have the update software (u460. EF08)?
If you do make sure to do menu reset options by following below steps:

Go to Settings & tools -> Display Settings -> Main menu settings -> Reset menu settings -> Reset to default

Post back if you need further assistance. I'll be happy to help.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes