Intensity II contacts problem
nyman

I'm trying to assign contacts to groups and end up getting multiple listings for the same contact in the general contacts list. I tried deleting and re-entering the contact and still get multiple listings for the same contact. Tried erasing group and it won't go away. Want to just forget about groups and have each contact listed just once on my contact list.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Intensity II contacts problem
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi nyman! Sorry that you've got multiple listings of your contacts. I understand if you would rather not assign groups. However, I'd like to share the procedure with you in case you change your mind.

1. From the Home screen, press the OK Key to selectMENU> Contacts> Groups.

2. Available groups appear in the display. These groups are available by default:

• Business

• Colleague

• Family

• Friends

3. Use the Directional Keys to highlight a group, then press the OK Key>VIEW to display a list of group members.

To reset your Contacts so that you have a single listing for each, I would recommend purging all contacts from the phone and then reloading them from Backup  Assistant. I can walk you through this process. If interested, please send me a PM with your name, phone number and the best time of day for us to speak. Thanks!

this2shallpass

Did anyone figure out exactly how to fix this yet?  My phone is doing the exact same thing.  I am afraid to delete all my contacts for fear of having to add them all back manually.  Also, when I tried to manage contacts and groups on Verizon website there were no "groups" listed even though there are groups listed on my phone.  Please help! This is driving me NUTS!

0 Likes
pscard
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I've got the same exact problem.

I did a factory reset of my Samsung Intensity II and had a Verizon employee reload the contacts from my old phone - TWICE! Each time it didn't work. I still got duplicate (sometimes up to four copies of) contacts, contacts showing up in groups they don't belong, and blank contacts that are locked.

After erasing contacts from a group, I tried to erase the group itself. Despite a message stating that it it has been done, the group is still there with the locked blank contact entries. When I tried to unlock the blank contacts, it just hangs, so I have to cancel out. I did notice that when re-adding a contact, a message appears that says "Contact added. Contact already exists." and once again, multiple version appear instead of one.

I think what happens is that even though the contacts are 'ERASED', they are still retained internally and NOT DELETED at all.

I first noticed this problem a few weeks after purchase. I told Verizon that I'd like to exchange it for another new one. They filled out the order, and when the phone arrived a few days later, I opened the box and saw that the phone had a sticker on it that said "LIKE NEW". They didn't send me a new phone as I requested. They sent me a refurbished one instead.

1. Does this phone have a removable SIM card?

2. This seems like a software glitch. Is there an application that can be downloaded into the phone to fix this problem? If not, why does Verizon still continue to sell these phones?

Thank you.

peacock20

I had the exact same problem.  I had the contacts reset and downloaded from Backup Assistant, twice, but the problem kept occuring.  Then Verizon offered to give me a replacement Intensity II, but it happened again with the replacement.  It only happens when you use Groups.  I routinely had contacts duplicated up to 4 times, and when I tried to delete them it would delete all 4, but leaving blank spaces in the contact list.  Re-adding them manually didn't work, the same problem would appear immediately.  It would also routinely misspell new Group names, and after manually fixing would alter the spelling again!

After several discussions, I was told this is a Samsung hardware and software issue, something to do with how they use the Verizon software. At least according to Verizon support, Samsung is aware of it, but has declined to invest in a fix.  I guess they figure it's not worth the money for a run-of-the-mill feature phone.  I did not speak with Samsung.

After the second Intensity II occurrence, I asked for a different phone.  It took a few calls, with supervisors needing to review the support call logs, but finally they agreed to replace it.  They gave me a couple of options, I chose a LG Cosmos 2.  It works fine, quite similar to the Samsung, and I haven't had any problem handling Groups.

0 Likes
pscard
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

The replacement phone is having the same problem even though the Verizon employee assured my that "the odds of the same problem occurring on this phone was slim." I'm heading back to Verizon to ask for another phone, and if it happens again, then I'll have to escalate the complaint to someone higher up.

It's not right that Verizon knowingly sells phones that don't work properly and will only exchange them for a used phone instead of a brand new one.

Thank you for your feedback.

Please note: message attached

HuskyBytes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not believe it is the PHONE. There must be a software glitch with Back-up Assistant. With so many phone models, it just cannot keep up. LOL

0 Likes