Is it possible to use a Bluetooth keyboard with a feature phone?
jfraze
Enthusiast - Level 2
Re: Is it possible to use a Bluetooth keyboard with a feature phone?
jfraze
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since as of the end of the year there will be no basic phones with QWERTY keyboards that work on a 4G LTE network, I'm wondering if I might be able to use a Bluetooth keyboard with a flip phone, mainly for texting. I'm thinking my best option is the Sonim XP5 XP5700.

I want to keep my basic talk-and-text plan. I have no need for a data plan and won't pay 3X as much for service that I won't use. I thought a basic smartphone without a data plan might work, but they won't do that. So... is there at least a Bluetooth QWERTY keyboard that can be used with the Sonim XP5 XP5700? It's not ideal, but better than trying to text with numeric keypad!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jfraze, your wireless experts are here to lend a helping hand. We understand your concerns and needs about your device. The good news is that even though we do not sell a keyboard that will go to your device, you can use one with Bluetooth capabilities  however it would come from a third party. We don't have a specific brand to use but if you google "Bluetooth keyboard for Sonim XP5 XP5700" and you will find some keyboards that are compatible. 

-TakendraW_VZW

jfraze
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply. Honestly that was the very first thing I tried, but when I search all I get is info on using the keypad (not a keyboard) on the Sonim phone itself, with a few results for Bluetooth keyboards that make no mention of whether they'll work with a flip phone of any kind. Google results seem to be skewed to individuals so I may be getting different results than you. There's no way you can recommend a few, or direct me to a list, or reviews, or something, specifically of keyboards that will work with a flip phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do wish we could, jfraze. We can't guarantee third party devices would be compatible since we don't offer that accessory. ScottD_VZW 

0 Likes
hearmenow123
Enthusiast - Level 3

I realize this is an old post

The Sonim XP5s does work with a Bluetooth keyboard -- although it's buggy. I submitted tech support tickets with them and they will not support the feature at all. So far it is the only basic phone that supports it.

Note that the Sonim XP5 (without the s) does NOT support Bluetooth keyboards.

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes