Re: Is there a way for my texts not to be deleted if I'm unable to reach service for more than 10 days?
rcschnoor
Legend

NickSmolinske wrote:

5 Days!  Well that's good to know, this probably affects me 3-4 times a year then, I just didn't realize how many texts I was losing.  I wish there was just a way to ask Verizon to hold my texts for me indefinitely, it's not like they take up any meaningful amount of space.  There are a lot of trips where I have no option to leave a device at home plugged into the wall.

I think the Message+ app is the best option for *this* trip, if I can get it to work.  I should make another post in the correct forum for the issues I'm having getting that to work - My android device is an old phone with no service plan (I just use it with wifi like a tablet).  I don't think it likes that it's being run on a phone that's not being used as a phone.

You are correct that YOUR texts don't take up any meaningful amount of space, but if you add up the space taken up for 100+ million customers it is a different story. Offering it to you would mean Verizon offers it to everyone. They are not in the text storage business. They are in the text delivery business.

Even if you leave a desktop on with the desktop Verizon Messages app running, your texts will download to that while you are out of reach and then sync to your phone when you are again available.Smiley Happy