Is this a scam?
Angelika1972

I just got a voicemail from 800-888-9599 saying I was owed $640 and to log on to www.vzw640.com to get my rebate.  There is no such website.  Is this a scam?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Is this a scam?
budone
Legend

Scam

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Angelika1972

I want to help protect you from fraudulent activity!  As budone has mentioned, this does appear to be a scam or phishing activity.  I would like to escalate this to our corporate security team.  Please follow me by hovering over my user name (AnthonyTa_VZW), then send me a Direct Message including your name and wireless mobile number that received the call so I forward this info.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually linking your name would be a good idea, .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Angelika1972

I don't know how to link to stuff on here, OR send a PM.  Do you have Twitter or Facebook?

>>Links removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hooper501

Wish to  alert Verizon  about the rampaging  text scam asking users to visit website URLs all having  letters "VZW" followed  by 3 digits.

The objective of the scam seem to be to steal account login credentials of Verizon customers

Verizon need to work with IC3 (FBI) to knockdown the  infrastructure of these scammers and disable all the scam URLs and also shut down fresh URLs as soon as someone reports the scam.

We run a consumer support website (SCF)  where a number of users continue to report this scam:   Please check  http://www.scamcallfighters.com/search-phone-VZW-search-scam-3196.html  to see the recent list of complaints regarding VZW text scam.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Forward any text message scams to 7726 (SPAM) and follow the instructions.

0 Likes
feste22

I got a call from 1-800-600-1228 that said I could get $51 off on my bill if I logged in at www.vzw51.com.  Very convincing fake sight that was attempting to phish for my billing PIN.

Just wanted to report that.

0 Likes
ggentry11

call today came from 800-342-1092

0 Likes