Re: Is this a scam?
androidfreak
Contributor - Level 1

Also keep in mind that this fake vzw website looks pretty legit...except for the fact that they ask for the last 4 of your SSN!!!

do not try and log in!!!  they will put new phones on your account and call Cuba (at least that's what they did to our account).

And yes, I fell for it last year(dumb I know). Verizon took care of all charges, but what a hassle

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ggentry11 thank you for bringing this call to our attention, the security of our customers are very important to us! What information did they request? Was this an one time call or are you receiving it ongoing?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
morwen2

I just got a voicemail that appeared to be starting mid-message, asking me to go to www.my49verizon.com to get my $49 refund from Verizon.  No such website exists.  I would have not even investigated further except it said the number this message came from was restricted and had a key symbol next to it, so I wondered if it might actually be from Verizon.

"Verizon cares about you."

FYI.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Definitely another scam.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello morwen2, safety and security of account information is a top priority! This is definitely not sent from us. Please be sure not to enter any information or click on any of the links. Thank you for notifying us of this. We have had multiple reports of this type of Phishing scam previously. We appreciate your continued patience.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

michta

I got the same call yesterday -- from 1-800-922-0204.

0 Likes
Joecdailey

I got a call just now from 800-911-2233 telling me to go to "49verizon.com" to get $49 off my bill. It's obvious from the kind of clunky language on the "winner" graphic at that site, the fact that the text said that I was one of the heaviest users of Verizon service this month (not even close to possible), and the poor punctuation that it's NOT legitimately Verizon, but it could fool people who don't look closely at it.

0 Likes
ljpinto29

I just got the same call but from 800-922-0204.  Definitely a scam. 

0 Likes