Kyocera Dura xv plus
VERN829

How can I unlock this phone to use on a different network?

I am trying to use on a GSM network with a SIM card

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Kyocera Dura xv plus
deloused
Master - Level 3
0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

They aren't locked except on a prepaid plan and then they are locked until you pay the amount stated on the box. Usually at least 1 months service. What carrier are you trying use it on?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VERN829, getting your phone unlocked is important in order to enjoy it wherever you want. We are here to help. Please elaborate, where are you trying to activate the phone? Have you attempted to activate it already? If yes, what happens? Have you reached out to your new provider?

Gilberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VERN829

I am trying to get this to work on Consumer Cellular. The phone is for my dad and he is hard on phones.

I was hoping to use the Sim card from his phone and get this Dura working for him.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
VERN829

I bought the phone refurbished with no service on line.

I am trying to use it on consumer cellular. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You probably need to use one of their phones. Consumer Cellular uses at&t's network I think

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern to have a working device. It may be that the phone is not compatible with our network. We can check the IMEI of the device to see if it is compatible, or you can head to this link, https://www.verizonwireless.com/prospect/bring-your-own-device/#/, to test the IMEI yourself. Here you can find out if this device can be activated with us.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VERN829,

I can certainly understand wanting the DuraXV to use with your preferred network, as it is a very durable phone. I want to make sure we provide you with the best steps.

A community member has provided the unlocking policy for you to consult. Verizon phones are sold fully unlocked, but we cannot guarantee the status of a device that was bought from a third party. Where did you purchase the refurbished device from?

Ultimately the phone's compatibility will come down to the carrier you are attempting to use for service. Have you consulted with them, and if so what did they say?

Colin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes