Kyocera DuraXV Readout issues.
Rach1966

Old phone (kyocera) read out the names of the callers or phone numbers .  New phone (Kyocera DuraXV) will not do this (it reads out everything).  is there a way to make it have readout of caller ID name only?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Kyocera DuraXV Readout issues.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of being able to customize the settings on your device Rach1966. We are happy to help. To ensure we are providing the correct information, can you clarify what you mean by the new phone reads out everything? Is this something that has always happened on this new phone or were there changes around the time the issue began (such as new apps or updates)?

Rashad_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BSuttonDC
Enthusiast - Level 1

The older Kyocera had "Caller ID Readout" option under the "Call Sounds" menu. The new LTE version does not have that.

I used it all the time; it made rejecting undesired calls very easy.  

The new phone only has an accessibility setting that reads out EVERYTHING. 

Please bring the Caller ID Readout back!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be more than happy to investigate this specific device feature. I want to make sure that we are working with the correct device. Do you have the Kyocera DuraXV LTE, DuraXV, or the Kyocera DuraXV+? If you go to Settings>Accessibility>Readout>Custom, do you have an option to select specifically incoming calls?

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
BSuttonDC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Kyocera DuraXV LTE. Phone. When I go to Settings>Accessibility>Readout I only have an option to turn it on or off; there is no "Custom" menu.

0 Likes
Lee922

what was the outcome of this?  I have the same problem

0 Likes
Lee922

and the same phone Dyocera DuraXV LTE

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm here to help your Readout concern. Upon further review, here's how to access the Custom Readout options:

From the Home screen, press > Settings & Tools > Accessibility > Readout.
2. Select Custom. You can customize the following settings:
 Menu Readout
 Digit Dial Readout
 Alert Readout
 Flip Open & Talk
 Caller ID Readout
 Text MSG Readout.

For additional details visit: http://spr.ly/66031JEw3 .

Please let me know if this answers your question. 

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
SMECO

There is not a custom option - only yes or no.

0 Likes
patmang
Enthusiast - Level 2

<<SPELL CHECKED VERSION...SORRY.>>

This is in fact TRUE and EXTREMELY ANNOYING!

The Duraforce 4520 Model seemed to have this feature, while the models that followed the 4610 and the 4810 DO NOT HAVE THE CUSTOM OPTION under the READOUT under the ACCESSIBILTY MENU  <<IT ALSO STATES IT THIS WAY IN THE USER MANUALS TOO!>>

This has to be fixed, the current software FLAW of not having this option allows the phone to continue to READOUT the CALLER ID after the PHONE is ANSWERED.

My father is legally blind and needs a rugged phone, it has come to his attention that the 3G network is going away in 2021, so he decided to upgrade to the 4G LTE network with latest and greatest model, the Duraforce XV Extreme (4810) only to find out it has this FLAW!!!

This should be addressed IMMEDIATELY or Kyocera will have bigger problems in 2021 after the 3G Network IS GONE FOR GOOD!

I think Kyocera has the market locked with Verizon on this one, but should pay attention to catering to the Special Needs that it offers to consumers like my Dad as well.  

PLEASE PROVIDE A SOFTWARE UPDATE TO ADD THE CUSTOM FEATURE OR AT LEAST MAKE THE READOUT STOP AFTER THE PHONE IS ANSWERED OR OPENED TO SAY HELLO WITHOUT THE ANNOYING CALLER ID MESSAGE IN ONE'S EAR.

VERIZON HAS TO BE AWARE OF THIS AS WELL!