LG Chocolate Touch - What's the deal with the Data Plan?
dbensing

I know this question has been asked before, but most are from several months ago at least. I recently updated to a new iPhone from an LG Chocolate Touch. I was required to get the $10 basic data plan on the LG. I would like to give this phone to my Mom and she doesn't want or need the data plan. What is the CURRENT status on the LG Touch phone? I have seen in several forums it doesn't require a data plan, but I called Verizon Customer Service and he said "it does require at least a basic data plan" - $10 a month). I told him about seeing other posts in the Verizon forum from Verizon employees saying that the phone doesn't require a data plan... He said the document he was looking at was dated the end of Jan 2012 and it stated that it DOES require a data plan now. So which is it? I really fail to see why this phone ever needed a data plan in the first place, but I really want a definitive answer on this if I could. If there is a Verizon person that is willing to help me and my Mom on this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Darren

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Chocolate Touch - What's the deal with the Data Plan?
dbensing

Bump

0 Likes
askjeeves
Contributor - Level 1

The LG Chocolate Touch is a multimedia phone. Which means that it is between a basic and a smartphone. It can do a little more than a basic phone and a little less than a smart phone.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello dbensing,

Thanks for reaching out to the community for clarification on this issue. The LG Chocolate Touch is a multimedia phone that has a lot of smartphone abilities. If you would like your mom to use this device without the data package then this can be arranged for you. Simply reply to this message if you would like assistance in activating the LG Chocolate Touch without a data plan.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
dbensing

Thank you very much for responding. I just told my mom and she is thrilled! Yes she would like to activate my old phone without a data plan please. What do we need to do?

Thanks,

Darren Bensing.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

call verizon fron a different line and phone. they will walk you through it.

0 Likes
dbensing

I still haven’t heard anything back (officially) from you ArnettH_VZW. What do we need to do?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Mrs_Charlton

I would love to know how to activate my lg choclate touch without the data plan. I just bought it from someone who didn't but when I tried to activate it they said it needed a data plan. Please help me. Thank you.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Activate your phone and choose the pay as you go data option. After activation call *611(Verizon) and ask them to remove the data plan and put a data block on your phone. This is the only way to activate without a data plan, unless you go to the store.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi dbensing & Mrs.Charlton!

If you need assistance with activating your LG Chocolate Touch please reach out to me directly so I can further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Verizon Wireless Family!

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes