LG Cosmos 2 --Backup assistant... It's baaaaaaack!
NoodlePoodle

About 2 weeks after I got my new LG cosmos phone in August, I removed the annoying Backup assistant.  It was always draining my battery at night.  My contacts do not change much day-to-day, and there was no reason for it to be running so often.  I followed instructions I found posted here, and went into Apps and under options I deleted it. It was gone and I was sooooo happy. 

Suddenly, about a week or so ago, it magically reappeared, and again is running every night.  Unfortunately, the delete option is no longer there, apparently because I already deleted it. Instead, my choice is "Reorder".  This is a bit ridiculous.  Any suggestions?  Has anyone successfully got rid of it PERMANENTLY??  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos 2 --Backup assistant... It's baaaaaaack!
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

NoodlePoodle, with the LG Cosmos 2, Back Up Assistant is pre-installed. The only way to "delete" it would be to 

perform a factory reset.

Reset Factory Settings & Tools (Restore Phone)

From the main screen, press MENU
Scroll to  Settings & Tools, press OK
Scroll to  Phone Settings, press  OK
Scroll to  Security, press OK
Enter Lock Code displays
Enter the 4 Digit lock code (default lock code last 4 digits of phone number)
Highlight Restore Phone, press OK
Restore Phone -Permanently erases all user data & resets settings to factory default. This phone will need to be reprogrammed.

Highlight Yes and press OK to restore default settings or highlight No and press OK to return to the Security list.

The application will still remain in the phone, you just wouldn't go through the steps of activating it once you set the phone up after the master reset.

0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos 2 --Backup assistant... It's baaaaaaack!
jazzy0213
Enthusiast - Level 3

1. Start Backup Assistant

2. Select "Options"

3. Select "About"

4. Enter *73738#  *reset#

(note: it won't appear anywhere on the phone's screen when you type it)

5. Exit Backup Assistant  (it may flash and auto exit)

You will have to re  enter pin and setup  backup assistant again for it to work.

0 Likes