Re: LG Cosmos 2...How do you turn the shop app off?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Darn! Thanks for trying, SimonHsu. What options do you see when you follow those steps? Is there a remove subscription, close application, or something similar?

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
yabba
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same issue.  It started about a month or so after I got the phone.  I had wanted the Samsung Intensity III, but the store didn't have any in stock and the salesman pushed this phone instead, assuring me that the features were nearly identical.  The screen is smaller than my old Intensity.  It's not as comfortable to use.  And now, the APP store will be on the screen when I need to answer a ringing phone, but I can't answer or turn the ring tone down until the red APP screen finishes it's very slow loading process--and I do not use any APPs.  I have the phone just for texting and calls. The phone was advertised as having a feature to upload photos to Facebook, which has not worked any time I've tried using the feature.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi yabba,
Let's get to the bottom of this with your Cosmos 2. Have you followed the steps in the link to see if Facebook is downloaded? You mentioned you aren't able to upload pictures to Facebook, but that could be due to the fact that the application isn't downloaded. Check it out here to make sure:

http://vz.to/URawXd

If you don't have the Facebook application on the phone currently, and you want to upload pictures, you would have to add the application to your phone.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cparker7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Cosmos3, you cannot delete or remove the original apps. It is not an option in the menus. Try replacing Apps in the main menu. Go to settings and tools/Display Settings/Main Menu Settings/Replace menu items. I replaced the Apps with Calendar. I will wait to see if the Apps turns up again and let you know if it works. -C

bblos
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have cosmos 3 and tried this (replacing Apps in main menu) - good suggestion but unfortunately it did not work.

This problem is infuriating. It is exactly as others have said, the app store often starts up when the phone is idle for a while and just when you need to answer or make a call. It doesn't close right away either - when you press the cancel button, it takes about 5-10 seconds. For those of us with no interest in having any apps on our phone (NOT using facebook etc), and need to make immediate phone calls, we should be able to disable the app store - or at least disable unwanted ads that involve the app store.

This problem has been unresolved for a full year now.  I tried every suggestion Verizon offered, they don't solve the problem. As someone above said, I never opted in or agreed to receive these ads & unwanted app store startup. It's more than an annoyance - it delays use of the phone in critical situations.

0 Likes