LG Cosmos 2 phone... Backup Assistant Issues
SB_Story

My LG phone has BA installed and running. Recently it has taken to running the backup several times a day. Following the backup, it displays a completion message on the phone that keeps display ON rather then saving power and going dark. How do I prevent this power drain, and secondly how do I set schedule for BA to run weekly rather then daily?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos 2 phone... Backup Assistant Issues
WalkGoodPhil
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you find out how to alter the backup schedule please let me know.  Have same issue.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
WalkGoodPhil
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the link but it is useless.  Phone is still "stuck" on the splash screen from Backup ASS-istant  (BA).  No texts get through until you clear the message screen from BA.

And backups occur many times a day.

0 Likes
SB_Story

At this point I’d just like to kill BA on my phone. Does anyone from VerizonWireless actually monitor and respond to these problems or are we just pissing in the wind?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a customer-to-customer forum; Verizon reps occasionally respond to posts, but it's sporadic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello everyone!

I am sorry to hear about the multiple occurances of Backup Assistant problems. I am here to help!

I did check and you are not able to change the schedule for the backup of your contacts from daily to weekly. You are only able to configure the settings for the time of day in which the backup occurs. This is located under the Options menu in Backup Assistant.

Secondly, regarding the removal of Backup Assistant, you would need to do a reset of the device in order for it to be removed. Then when setting the device up again, do not go through the backup assistant setup.

If you are still having issues, please reach out.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
WalkGoodPhil
Enthusiast - Level 3

Michelle

If Backup Assistant is removed then how do we get all our contacts entered again?  Manually?   LOL   That is not acceptable.

The problem should be FIXED!

0 Likes
SB_Story

Michelle… the primary problem for me is not that BA runs daily or whenever… it’s that the process does not complete normally and therefore leaves a message active on the phone. It also appears to retry the operation several times a day. For me this just started a month or two ago as I don’t recall this in the past.

I’m looking for Verizon to “fix” the problem (BA should just be a background task and not be displaying foreground messages) and/or give the app a weekly option. All I’ve been hearing here is how it works and things you can’t do. Just fix the problems and make this all go away. It’s just programming not brain surgery.

Steve

0 Likes
WalkGood

Quite by accident I have found that if you slide open the phone then Backup Assistant does not get stuck!

Someone else please try this and report back.  Maybe this will give a clue to Verizon on how this can get fixed?

0 Likes