LG Cosmos 2 - video?
BigAl-314

I was just told by Verizon Support (Joyce) that the Cosmos 2 does NOT support Video.

Video is a bandwidth hog if you try and broadcast it to others. My guess is that you would need a data plan to send video.  Anybody know for sure?

BigAl

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos 2 - video?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can send and receive some short videos via text message - but to view video over the internet, yes, you would need a data plan.

And the LG Cosmos 2 has a 1.3 MP camera only, no video capability, so it's not the data plan that is preventing the cosmos from transmitting and playing video, it is the phone's software itself.  If it did have video capability, you could send and receive videos via text message.

BigAl-314

Thanks Suzy!

Al W

0 Likes
jbooty666

what if i have a lg cosmos and i have the micro sd card from a diff phone with video on it, can i upload the vids?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Cosmos and Cosmos 2 do not support video - you will not be able to view videos on the phone.

The SD card would also need to be formatted for use in the phone, and all the info is erased during a format, so back up the info first (copy it to your computer).  You'll be able to recopy the files into the appropriate folders once they are created on the card by the Cosmos.  You can view the photos, but not the videos.