LG Cosmos 3 and Jabra Freeway - reboot!
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got an LG Cosmos 3 (please don't ask why), and it has an interesting bad property - if you connect a Jabra Freeway bluetooth speakerphone, and then receive a call that is in your contacts, it reboots!  Receive a call that's not in your contacts, and all is fine.   I've opened tickets with both Verizon and Jabra to no avail from either.   The good news is that at least one other speakerphone that does phone book access (PBAP), the Blue Ant Commute works fine.  I haven't tried my Supertooth 3 yet.   Clearly there's an incompatibility in the details of the PBAP protocol between these 2 devices.  There does not appear to be any way to disable phone book access at either end - any ideas would be appreciated.

I'm posting this for information purposes for the rest of the world since neither Verizon nor Jabra seems aware of or cares about this issue.

Labels (1)
Re: LG Cosmos 3 and Jabra Freeway - reboot!
GOM813
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got a Jabra Supreme Bluetooth headset for Christmas. I like this Bluetooth device because it floats over-your ear and if needed can be installed into a headset with a soft ear pad for comfort. I can't use ear bud types because my ears swell.

I will also open a ticket with Verizon to get this glitch fixed. In troubleshooting this re-boot issue, I connected my new Jabra Supreme to my wife's Cosmos and it worked !  My wife has an older version of this phone running SW Version VN250V05 and my Jabra Supreme works great and I can even use the voice commands to answer, and make calls from my contacts.  My newer phone, running SW Version VN251ZV4, still re-boots - I can make out-bound calls and receive calls from phone numbers not in my contacts.

0 Likes