LG Cosmos Problem
jca0515

I have had my Cosmos for almost two years and today I can't hear my callers.  They can hear me, but I am getting nothing.  I have tried calling my voice mail and can not hear that either.  I have reset back to factory defaults and powered down, any other suggestions?  I am sure it is a setting, but I can't figure it out.  Would appreciate any assistance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Problem
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Do you get any sound at all? For instance, when you power up your phone or set your alarm? It sounds like a problem with the speaker. Your microphone is still working, which is why callers can hear you.

Any recent water or other type of damage to the speaker area? Did you put a new case on it (don't laugh, that has happened before), or is something else covering the speaker?

If this where a setting issue, it should have been set back to default when you did the factory reset.

0 Likes
jca0515

Thanks for the suggestions.  I could hear the beeps from the keyboard, etc.  I just changed to an older phone and will hold out til November when I can upgrade.  I liked my Cosmos, but I, like most people, don't have the time or patience to keep working on something.  Thanks anyway!

0 Likes
Samantha1

I have the oppisite problem. I can hear my calls but they can't hear me. What should I do?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Unless you have muted yourself during calls, yours sounds like a microphone problem. Check to make sure it's not covered by anything. Have you had the phone a while? I don't think a factory reset will be of any benefit in this situation.

0 Likes