LG Cosmos Touch Black Screen
TheHungryCannibal

Today at school i ate lunch and my phone was working fine but the n it tried to use it during my Spanish class (15 minutes later) the screen was black so i thought it was off so i tried turning it in. it didnt turn on. after school i tried taking the battery out and putting it back in... didnt work. i tried plugging it in three different chargers...didnt work. i put a bright flash light on it and there was nothing on the screen. The phone was working perfectly before. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch Black Screen
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How old is the phone?  Is it still under warranty?  It sounds like it needs replacement - either warranty or just a new phone if it is out of warranty.

0 Likes
LG Cosmos Touch Black Screen
TheHungryCannibal

Its about a year and a half old do its not under warranty when i took it to verion they said the display died does anyone know how hard it is to replace the display on this phone? I have lots of stuff on it that i don't want to lose that they say they will not be able to retrieve from the phone.

0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch Black Screen
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If any of the "stuff" (photos, music, etc )is saved to the memory card, you can read the card via your computer and make a backup that way.  If it is your contacts, and you used backup assistant, they will transfer to your new phone when you get it, in most cases.

What "stuff"?  You can try replacing the display screen, and it may work (there are videos online about how to...

0 Likes